Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stupid article published by Freeze Pro Shop

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
From an article published by Freeze Pro Shop....

"Kingpin:

The heel is where it's at

The big innovation was in the heel, where they succeeded in introducing that essential lateral elasticity by using what is far more like a traditional alpine rear end than anything seen on a touring binding before.

What is Lateral Elasticity?

“Lateral elasticity”, for those of you not in-the-know, is the ability of a binding to allow the boot to move from side to side under impact, without releasing things when you don’t want it to. It’s something that modern alpine bindings do very well – particularly those aimed at high-impact activities like freeriding. Previously, touring bindings either released the boot too early and weren’t up to the task of absorbing big hits, or they didn’t release at all and wrecked all your knee ligaments in one fell swoop".

From https://www.freezeproshop.com/blog/marker-kingpin-10-vs-dynafit-st-rotation-10?utm_campaign=December+10+-+Kingpin+vs+Rotation&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_content=&utm_medium=email

He, he! Lateral elasticity? In a binding with a toe design that is essentially the same as a 1980s Dynafit binding? Kind of funny how much ignorance they have managed to squeeze into an article while attempting to pose as experts. Seems that Freeze Pro Shop are among those 'not in-the-know'.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a shame as their prices and customer service have always been really good for me.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I received the same yesterday via their subscriber mail. Glad it’s not just me being confused by that statement. My first thought was that it was a typo and they had switched lateral with vertical (which would have made more sense), but the side-to-side comment confirmed it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy