Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Countdown to Ischgl!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all!,

Heading to Ischgl at the start of January... Will only be my 2nd ever ski trip and I'm going solo!.

Any last minute tips or recommendations on: ski hire, runs to get me into it to start off with and any other advice would be greatly appreciated!.

Can't wait to clip in that first time!, I'm excited and nervous in equal measure. I'm also a vegetarian (don't judge) so I'm sure that will go down well... Pizza every evening?.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SnowBeau, It's a fantastic resort - good choice.

My 2p worth of advice:

1. Ski hire is a notorious cartel there. I suggest asking at your hotel for a recommendation as they may be able to direct you to a place owned by the same family where you may get a better price

2. The home runs are magnificent but also notorious at home time. Steep and busy and half the punters 3 sheets. try them at lunchtime perhaps but consider downriding the gondolas after about 2.30pm

Enjoy and let us know how it went.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Loads of advice in this thread:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2951457

If you love Austrian apres, go the Kitzloch.

The skiing is fabulous at Ischgl, you'll have a great time. Do the home runs in the morning, they're wonderful. Carnage at the end of the day though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Being a vegetarian in an Austria ski resort is likely to be your biggest problem!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is a fantastic place and would love to go back.

Agree re: home runs. Ski to mid-station and then take the gondola to the bottom. Unless your accommodation is close to the gondola stations hire a locker at the bottom of the gondola to store skis, boots and lid overnight (street shoes during the day).

Vegetarians are well catered for since all places serve chicken Laughing Laughing Laughing

Second ever trip? Are you having lessons or just winging it?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@HoneyBunny, Thanks!... Hadn't seen that thread before, some good info in there.

@halfhand, Yeeaaaahhhhh I'm just going to wing it I think, ease myself in and see what it's like. I won't be doing anything daft that I'm not confident I can manage. On my first trip I got on pretty well, getting down the reds in Lapland at Levi at the end of my first day. Confident turning and controlling myself. I used to skate everyday for years so I found it pretty natural turning and just generally being on ski's... Fingers crossed!.

Have read repeatedly to get the lift down at the end of the day!.

I'm staying at the Val Sinestra, so a little out of the centre. It's only B&B so I'm sure that will make the food situation even more interesting!.

Thanks for the input all!.. (I'm there 6th - 13th if anyone is around).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mjit wrote:
Being a vegetarian in an Austria ski resort is likely to be your biggest problem!

Not really any more tbh. My gf is vegetarian and her only problem these days is when she's faced with a choice and can't decide!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SnowBeau, Well be careful out there. If you feel up to it take the runs over to Samnaun. They're not too difficult I seem to recall and you can say that you skied in 2 countries Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy