Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Utah snow report

Poster: A snowHead
H is anyone in the area at the moment can give some good snow resorts report ?
Planning a ski trip by the end of January 2018 but looking at snow report it seems very little or not snow this year so far .
Any report very much appreciated. wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
terrible right now, but end of January is a long way off and a pattern change is suggested. Best snow website for western US is opensnow.com.

they have a Utah specific forecast that is excellent.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you ..v much for your advice.
Hopefully it will improve.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@toro, this is a good resource for Utah. Fingers crossed for you.

http://utahskiweather.com
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Coming to Utah from 30 Jan...looking at long range snow forecast not too positive.
Anyone in the area at the moment?
Thinking of cancel booking .
Any advice please

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 22-01-18 19:37; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
toro wrote:
Coming to Utah from 30 Jan...looking at long range snow forecast not too positive.
Anyone in the area at the moment?
Thinking of cancel booking .
Any advice please
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Doesn’t that link posted by noza suggest recent storms with a foot of new snow and more to come ? Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No next week onwards looks like high pressure again...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another one https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/utah
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi, currently skiing in Park City. Both PC Base and Canyons are skiable, but really needs more snow. Some of the green runs at the bottom are getting bare and muddy.

Canyons and PCB base are now linked with a gondala but the route takes you low down. The route from Canyons to PCB is ok without any bare patches or muddy points, but route from PCB to Canyons needs fresh snow and colder weather.

More snow is forecast for Monday 5th Feb so hope to get a little powder before we leave on Thursday.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm here too for the last week and for the next.
I spent few days in OGDEN area skied Snowbasin couples of days..the place need snow urgently even if the groomers are in reasonable conditions.
I skied yesterday in Alta which have fantastic terrain and the snow is much better.still need much more.
Overhaul the resorts here are in a normal skiing weather season excellent I can see in a powder week you will spoiled for choice.
Locals tell me is the worse year in the last 20 y for snow..also very warm temperature for this time of the season.
There is a chance for a few snow showers at higher elevations for Monday in to Tuesday but not much at all, after that high pressure will build in ever further so no chance for any powder days this trip..gutted!😣
Bad luck this time.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
toro wrote:
I'm here too for the last week and for the next.
I spent few days in OGDEN area skied Snowbasin couples of days..the place need snow urgently even if the groomers are in reasonable conditions.
I skied yesterday in Alta which have fantastic terrain and the snow is much better.still need much more.
Overhaul the resorts here are in a normal skiing weather season excellent I can see in a powder week you will spoiled for choice.
Locals tell me is the worse year in the last 20 y for snow..also very warm temperature for this time of the season.
There is a chance for a few snow showers at higher elevations for Monday in to Tuesday but not much at all, after that high pressure will build in ever further so no chance for any powder days this trip..gutted!😣
Bad luck this time.

I am out in Utah 14 March. I keep telling myself it is so late in the season that there is nothing to worry about. But the more reports like this I read, I can't help but get a little anxious.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hopefully the weather will change in the next month ..finger crossed for you .
Too late for me .
This season in the wrong year for skiing in Utah.
You will have better chance to go further north in Wyoming or Montana where apparently they had better snow ..but generally speaking all the west USA resorts so far had bad winter in terms of snow and too warm temperature.
Hopefully things will change .
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
toro wrote:
Hopefully the weather will change in the next month ..finger crossed for you .
Too late for me .
This season in the wrong year for skiing in Utah.
You will have better chance to go further north in Wyoming or Montana where apparently they had better snow ..but generally speaking all the west USA resorts so far had bad winter in terms of snow and too warm temperature.
Hopefully things will change .

Aye. I am off to Steamboat, CO on Tuesday. But that is to a friend's house that I visit every year so I am not too upset that it is not an epic year. But my group of former work colleagues (we are all retired) are off to Utah and it is my first visit. I really want some classic Utah powder. Our equivalent trip last year was to Lech when it was having a very poor year (although I have been there quite a few times). Maybe we are the problem. Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
in Vail right now and it's a bit of a grim year for CO and UT. Everything is sliding a bit north. Steamboat is the most northern CO resort, and I hear it has the best coverage in the state right now. It has gotten a few inches the last few days and a bit more forecast over the next few.
ski holidays
mr. mike wrote:
in Vail right now and it's a bit of a grim year for CO and UT. Everything is sliding a bit north. Steamboat is the most northern CO resort, and I hear it has the best coverage in the state right now. It has gotten a few inches the last few days and a bit more forecast over the next few.

Had three days skiing in Steamboat and another two to come. When you see how little snow there is at the base (whole patches where there is none) it is remarkable how good it is up top. The more north facing higher areas, particularly in between the trees are really rather good. But this has been a poor snow year
snow conditions
Have been lucky enough to be in Utah for last week and it has snowed most days and latterly a significant storm has dumped over 20 inches in 36 hours. It’s a bad year by Utah standards but fantastic at present and I have another week here. Mainly skiing Alta, Brighton, Snowbird and Solitude and all powder-tastic at the mo’ 😃
ski holidays
You need to be lucky sometimes ...
I was there 2 weeks ago and it was depressing ..
Very dry and warm temperatures...
It will make me think twice to book again for the next year ..dont want to run the risk for another flop trip..
snow report
@toro - I 100% understand where you’re coming from and am very sorry your trip was disappointing. Me and my mates are very lucky. I was speaking to a local the other day who said they “always” get a dump of snow at end of Feb / early March even in a poor season. TV said other day last winter had 18 storms and there have only been 8 so far this, so that’s another indicator 17/18 is poor by Utah standards.
ski holidays
Best storms in Utah/Colorado/New Mexico were late 80's early 90's....nothing since has matched

I was priveleged to be able snorkel ski a few seasons out there
latest report
I leave on the first of March for 3 weeks in Salt Lake City skiing Alta and Canyons mostly.

5 to 10 inches from this storm and another coming.

WOO HOO
snow report
stanton wrote:
Best storms in Utah/Colorado/New Mexico were late 80's early 90's....nothing since has matched

I was priveleged to be able snorkel ski a few seasons out there

Another blanket statement which is rubbish

2004/05 season in Utah
2005/06 season in Colorado

Snow from start to finish
snow report
Hi @TQA - snowed most of Friday- we found a fab powder stash at Snowbird, more promised so hopefully your trip will be great 😃
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Best storms in Utah/Colorado/New Mexico were late 80's early 90's....nothing since has matched...

You're losing the plot, mate. It's all about timing, like a lot of life.
ski holidays
Well I skied everyday since I arrived on the 2nd. Alta mostly but I bail out and go to Canyons when I know Alta will be jammed and the ride up slow. THere was about 30 inches of new snow on the 2nd at Alta. The pistes in both Alta and Canyons are in good shape. My creaky old knees are welcoming a day off as we have a storm system coming through over the next 5 days. So far Alta has about a foot of new snow with more to come on Saturday. .

If the viz improves I will go out and play this afternoon probably at Canyons as the chain up lights are on for Little Cottonwood Canyon which is the access road for Alta.

Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
TQA wrote:
Well I skied everyday since I arrived on the 2nd. Alta mostly but I bail out and go to Canyons when I know Alta will be jammed and the ride up slow. THere was about 30 inches of new snow on the 2nd at Alta. The pistes in both Alta and Canyons are in good shape. My creaky old knees are welcoming a day off as we have a storm system coming through over the next 5 days. The snowline was at 9,000 ft on Wednesday which meant rain at the lower resorts. So far Alta has about a foot of new snow with more to come on Saturday. .

If the viz improves I will go out and play this afternoon probably at Canyons as the chain up lights are on for Little Cottonwood Canyon which is the access road for Alta.

Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
I am sitting in Salt Lake City airport after six days up in Park City. In what has been a poor season for them we have been phenomenally lucky in the six days we have chosen. When we got there last Wednesday there was no snow anywhere at resort level, temperatures were high and the rain was pouring down. As we sat in the restaurant at dinner looking out at the pouring rain I could have added to the water levels by crying. I felt like turning around and heading home to London.

However since then everything has been superb. The rain we were getting was snow up high and by late evening had turned to snow at resort level. On Saturday and to a lesser extent Sunday we had a fantastic dump - but amazingly visibility was pretty good on both days. When not snowing it was blue bird days.

Park City is almost like two connected resorts: Park City to the south and Canyons to the North. We were based in Canyons which got by far the better snow - quite incredible what a difference there was in the two areas. In particular Murdock mountain at the far north was excellent. It might not have been classic Utah light powder but the deep snow on the black diamonds and double black diamonds through the trees was deep and lovely throughout our time. And quiet - even at the weekend when Park City was really busy.

Both of the high double back diamond areas (Jupiter at Park City and 9990 at Canyons) for the most part were in great condition throughout - although on 9990 it was best to stay off the south and west facing slopes.

The forecast tomorrow is looking like temperatures rising and a serious risk of precipitation as rain - full circle back to last Wednesday! Boy have we been the lucky ones.
ski holidays
Sounds good. 9990 was refrozen death cookies and possible slide for life last time I skied it in March a few years ago.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Sounds good. 9990 was refrozen death cookies and possible slide for life last time I skied it in March a few years ago.

It was good both directions on Thursday. By yesterday if you turned left off the lift and skied skier’s right it was as you describe. If you turned right and skied skier’s left where it got less sun it was great - particularly if you headed far left went though the gate and skied all the way down to the bottom of the Saddleback lift.
ski holidays
Busy morning on Powder Mountain Toofy Grin , boarding like two legged pig with swollen testicles, but conditions are ace snowHead

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy