Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

After disappointing last year, looking for recommended Snowboard instructor in ValThorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi !

In the past I did regular Ski, but after an accident leaving me with a partially torn ACL, I didn't ski for ~20 years.

Last year returned to the slopes, obviously older Smile not as fit and flexible.

Got myself a local snowboard trainer, but after a week, finished with a general feeling of disappointment.
Clearly it is me, who is slow learner, not as easy as before on taking risks and handling the speeds....

Still I am looking for anyone who can recommend an experienced snowboard guide - In Val-Thorens (where my family will be staying)

Thanks !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ha this is the place I was coming to ask for you. If this lot don't know nobody does.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can recommend Paul at FSA:

http://www.freeschoolattitude.com/language/en/

I had about 16 hours private tuition last year. I'm not a beginner but I've been feeling like my riding has plateaued. Paul split the time as a mixture of tuition and drills and just riding around after him, following his lines and concentrating on really carving the turns and holding my speed. The second day was a power day so I preferred to head off-piste with Paul guiding rather than teaching, so we did that.

If you want someone to push you hard that's probably not Paul. It's more like riding with a mate who knows the best runs and is a much better snowboarder than you, but is happy to help you get better. It wasn't hard core teaching but I really felt things locking in. He's good company too, which is important when there's just the two of you all day.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks !

Interesting, reminds me of my experience.

My feeling was that my previous guide was really more of a "friend to ride with" - with very few places he was able to "instruct" and improve.
Except repeating the "lean forward".

My expectation this time is a guide that can find the right drills to help me improve.
I am thinking, my guide had amazing snowboarding capabilities.
But this is not enough.... I need someone who understands how to teach...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could also take a look at Cab 9 Snowboarding (cab9snowboarding.com) They operate out of the 3V resorts and while I've not used them myself, I know others who have and they gave good reports.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gurlavie wrote:
Thanks !

Interesting, reminds me of my experience.

My feeling was that my previous guide was really more of a "friend to ride with" - with very few places he was able to "instruct" and improve.
Except repeating the "lean forward".

My expectation this time is a guide that can find the right drills to help me improve.
I am thinking, my guide had amazing snowboarding capabilities.
But this is not enough.... I need someone who understands how to teach...

Ah, I think you misunderstood me. Paul is a very good teacher - he sees where you are going wrong and what you need to do to correct it. But he also wants the time to be fun - snowboarding should be fun. What I meant is if your idea of learning is someone making you repeat the same drills all day so you feel like you really worked at it, there are plenty of instructors that can give you that.

You aren't learning to ski Smile a good instructor gives you the joy of snowboarding as well as the technique right from day 1.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Check out Cab9 or RTM. Or if you're heading to Val Tho for the EoSB, I might be around for it!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy