Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Leashes with Dynafit Radical ST Turn

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am wondering whether I could use leashes with my Dynafit Radical ST Turn bindings. Has anyone tried? Any reason why they wouldn't work? I know they work well with a lot of the lighter Dynafit models. As a bonus question: I suppose it's not a problem to mount the bindings without the brakes, no?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's no problem using a leash with the Rad ST Turn toe binding however IIRC removing the brake assembly from the leaves a gap between the upper heel turret and the heel base meaning a loss of support to the heel. This was the case with the original Rad (1) ST and seeing as it's essentially the same binding it'll probably be the case too but I don't stock the ST Turn so can't check for you.

If you wanted to run a leash without brakes why didn't you just buy the cheaper & considerably lighter Speed Turn 2 as that is exactly what that binding is?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Jon, thanks for the quick and very useful reply. I already have the bindings, so I am not buying another pair. It's not a big deal, I was just spending too much time thinking about my gear during the summer. The STs will go onto a wide ski, so it's unlikely I will do long tours on them (I have other skis for that). I was just thinking leashes would be handy to prevent losing a ski in a meter of powder. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
irbis wrote:
.......I was just thinking leashes would be handy to prevent losing a ski in a meter of powder. Very Happy

These are brill: https://www.thepisteoffice.com/index.php/the-piste-office-store/resqski-ski-finder.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon wrote:
irbis wrote:
.......I was just thinking leashes would be handy to prevent losing a ski in a meter of powder. Very Happy

These are brill: https://www.thepisteoffice.com/index.php/the-piste-office-store/resqski-ski-finder.html

I concur.

Just remember to switch them on, rather than assuming there's not enough snow around to actually lose a ski.

that's an hour of my life I won't get back. although fortunately the ski, I did.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or you could buy some brightly coloured ribbon for a few pence...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gordyjh wrote:

Tried that, bit of a pain in the back bottom to be honest. I quite fancy those ski finders, I'll probably get a set to scratch my out of season itch at some point.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gordyjh wrote:

I fail to see how a piece of brightly coloured ribbon helps you find a submerged ski. Snow tends to be white, not transparent.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dp wrote:
Gordyjh wrote:

I fail to see how a piece of brightly coloured ribbon helps you find a submerged ski. Snow tends to be white, not transparent.

Because you have 2+ meters of ribbon trailing... when i fell, the ribbon was still visible. From a ski finding perspective, they work from a practical standpoint, total pain in the back bottom to re-roll and attach to the boot in deep snow... it can be hard enough just getting a ski on, without the added faff.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@RichClark, Less of a pain than spending 1.5 hrs not finding a ski! Laughing snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Gordyjh, agreed, but i’ll be installing the ski finders that Jon sells before next season
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy