Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pain in thigh / groin - should I stop skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It’s my last day of my skiing holiday and I have a burning pain in the middle of my thigh going towards my back. It hurts to straighten my leg and put pressure in the leg. Should I take some ibuprofen and ski today or hang up my skis and rest my leg?

Or maybe the real question is -,am I taking a big risk by ignoring the pain and still skiing today. The suns going to be out and the snow is amazing. Thanks!

Edit: firther research from Dr. Google seems to hint at groin strain

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 12-01-18 7:53; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take your medicine and ski, ski, ski
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That’s the advice I was looking for Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
try snowboarding for the day
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"Sun is out" - smother all painful areas in Deep Heat.
Take easy run on "amazing snow" towards nearest bar/cafe. Lie in sun with cocktail/ glass of wine/beer/ hot chocolate and smother face in Factor 50.
Undertake another easy run, take uplift as required and repeat.
Enjoy.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Advice taken! So glad I skied. Pain got better with movement and I ended up having one of my best ski days ever. Even went down my first red. Kept shaking my head at the thought I nearly missed all of this. So yes for anyone else reading this wondering if they should ski or not because of pain somewhere - try a couple of runs before deciding. Now on the bus to the airport with a big smile on my face. What a great week it’s been
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Grizzler, . . .love your technique - the perfect antidote to all those ski tracks eedjits
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As a Sports Therapist generally if you've not had a big crash where something goes twang or snap then you will normally get away with it! If you don't your body will soon tell you otherwise. Avoid the 'fear of making it worse' mentality - as ironically this will make it worse! Get out there, enjoy yourself and leave it to your local caring sharing Sports Therapist to pick up the pieces when you get back.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
[quote="Grizzler"]"Sun is out" - smother all painful areas in Deep Heat.

Groin pain - hmmmm
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy