Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller

Poster: A snowHead
@snow name, thanks - just have an estate car which should give more flexibility. I try to avoid taking anything on the roof
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ozboy wrote:
I signed up to Frequent Traveller on the back of reading about it on snowHead . Not yet used any of them trips but like how it allows me to change existing bookings with minimal fuss and no cost unless I move to a peak time.

Anyone know how close to a booking I can make a change? For example can I change on day of booking if I am significantly held up on the road driving to the terminal, or decide to stop overnight if tired.

My experience is that the restrict the number of FT's for each crossing as when I went to book for our trip in late March at the time I normally book there was far less availability.

As for arriving outside your window my experience with being "bumped up" is completely random. Once we arrived in the early hours of Sunday morning at Calais, several hours before our scheduled time and they wanted some exhorbitant fee to be bumped up. Other times it's just happened. When there was snowmaggedon and we arrived something like 12 hours late they grumpingly got us on another departure. Also sometimes I am not convinced they have a proper schedule as trains leave at non scheduled times. But at least with FT it's cheaper and the tunnel crossing itself is quick. You just have to accept a bit of randomness!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Layne, I once couldn't get on a train, showing as Sold Out with my FT ticket, so we booked a later one, turned up early as traffic was light, and ended up on the train that was sold out.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also very much depends on your size of vehicle and when you are travelling.

Having a high sided vehicle (van) there is not so much available space on any one train, so chances of getting earlier trains are more limited than a car.

I'm not too sure it's anything to do with being a FT or not.

Where I have had "luck" on getting earlier trains is travelling back from Calais on days when all the hordes are coming out from the UK such as Maundy Thursday and the Sunday before the late May Bank holiday as they increase the number of trains to cope with the numbers coming out and therefore resultant empty trains going back!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells Bells wrote:
@Layne, I once couldn't get on a train, showing as Sold Out with my FT ticket, so we booked a later one, turned up early as traffic was light, and ended up on the train that was sold out.

Thanks backs up what I was thinking. It's doubly frustrating because the 12 months start ticking as soon as you buy them which means you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I queried with them the policy of the 12 months starting as soon as you purchase rather than on first use. Here is the reply:

Quote:
Dear Mr X,

We are sorry to hear your disappointment with the way our Frequent Traveller accounts are set up. This was a business decision, to start the 12 months validity period from the date of purchase and this rule is set up for all of our products/ticket types, which we must keep to as per the terms and conditions.

We do genuinely value all of our customers and our Frequent Traveller schemes have proved very popular with over 15,000 account holders and therefore we advise account holders to book early at times of peak demand as space can sell out quickly.

Thank you for contacting us via email. We do appreciate your feedback and we will pass on your comments.

Kind regards

A Person
Sales Support Team
Eurotunnel Le Shuttle

Which is basically no answer at all.

I would be happy to partner up with someone for this season. I need 4 crossings only and as per the above the sooner the better.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Layne, I'm probably going to use 8 in roughly the next 12 months, (4 returns), but I really don't want to buy just yet due to the 12 months thing as the final one would be next summer's holiday. We aren't travelling peak, so it shouldn't matter too much buying nearer to our September one. One exception is our Christmas outbound, but I could if necessary use Tesco points for that one, as I should have enough.

@Weathercam, do they charge you extra for the Transporter, or is it car rate?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1) you can, if you wish, buy more than 10 to use within 12months. 10 is the minimum.
2) There's nothing to stop you buying another 10 less than 12 months later so if you + your sharer are likely to use more than 10 over each 12 months, just buy in 10's and it doesn't really matter when you buy as you'll need to renew before the end anyway.
3) Transporter costs the same but, being over 1m80 is restricted to single deck carriages so, technically reducing the number of crossings available - in practice, I've never had a problem with availability though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@admin, thanks, as fares were going up when I changed the car from Xtrail to T5. I have roofbox on Xtrail, so still go in single-deck carriage.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I suspect you have been selecting 'Campervan' which is more expensive rather than 'Van over 1m80' which isn't.

There was also an annoying update some time ago that meant entering the reg of the BU5 4 DUB auot-classified is as a camper rather than a van. Speaking to them, they assured me that Van over 1m80 was the correct classification for a transporter so now, upon their instruction, I just use the 'Don't know' option for the reg.
I've travelled I dunno, maybe 6 or 10 times under this arrangement and there's been no issue other than the fact that apnr doesn't work on arrival.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@admin, it won't let me select the vehicle type as a van over 1.80m, it says it is wrong type and will only let me select campervan. So, in case we decide to put the Xtrail on the road for the holiday instead, I will select unknown reg. I have to phone them to book a crossing using my Tesco vouchers so we will see what happens then.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hells Bells, or anyone else, interesting in letting me buy 4 FT crossings. Will be booking soon for Christmas.

We've got loads of Tesco Clubcard points so might use those.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Layne, I'm using up my Clubcard points first, but will probably be sorting something next month.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Layne, are you still interested?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
or indeed anyone else who would like to share.
snow conditions
Sorted now, but I'm sure you can find someone else in here willing to share.
ski holidays
Jeez, give a bloke a chance!

Laughing Laughing wink wink

Seriously, no worries. I'll just go Clubcard as we've got stacks now and I don't use them for anything else.
ski holidays
@Layne, sorry, but i needed to book a ticket for next weekend.
snow report
Anyone with tickets and no bookings made yet for ski season. I have noticed already that certain high peak crossings (e.g. friday morning 21st December) are already shown as sold out. I've now booked my own for Friday lunchtime to make sure I at least have one in the bag , which I can amend if plans change.
snow report
If anyone wants to share I will be booking a freq traveller acct in the next 4 weeks
ski holidays
@ajc2260626, I’d be interested. Can use at least 4.
ski holidays
@jbob, I will drop you a pm....
snow report
Just realised I'm out of Frequent Traveller tickets and I need to come home soon Confused
I'll be buying 10 tomorrow (Thu) or Friday. I tend to use 5 or 6 over the 12 months.
Anybody fancy sharing a set?
snow conditions
Anybody?
snow report
Is a "ticket" one-way or return ? I will be doing two returns this winter and they will all fit into the off-peak dates and times.
latest report
A ticket is each way.
Ie the deal is for 10 crossings.
ski holidays
Forgive me if this has already been answered but for clarity, does one of two people always have to travel on the FT ticket?

ie I could be the original purchaser and Joe Bloggs could be my partner. One or other of us would always have to travel? The crossings can not be used by my other family members without me and ditto Joe Bloggs family?

Thank you.
latest report
The rules for FT require the purchaser or nominated person to be among persons travelling. They do check by asking for the credit card used for purchase, if you don’t have it you have to go to the desk in the terminal and show your passport to get your boarding pass.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@CaravanSkier, Thats the T&C's. In practice the online check in either scans the number plate and lets you through or asks for the credit card the booking was made on. However, on one occasion the original credit card had been renewed and it wouldn't scan so I called the attendant who asked to see my passport.
snow conditions
On my original set of tickets my card had been replaced, I just carried the old one in the back of my purse to use to check in.
ski holidays
@jbob, @BergenBergen, @Hells Bells, Thank you.
ski holidays
juut noticed Dogs now get a discount on FT, a whole pound each way (18 instead of 19) Very Happy
snow report
@boredsurfin, Very Happy
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, That £1 has swayed me then Very Happy
snow conditions
@Swissie, ah yes it makes a huge difference Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Layne wrote:

Seriously, no worries. I'll just go Clubcard as we've got stacks now and I don't use them for anything else.

Layne you looking for a FT share this season? im happy to take 6 of the 10 or less dependant on your requirements. You can use your club card points also as i dont have any
latest report
jbob wrote:

Im after someone jbob as already said ill take 6 crossings if that suits
snow report
Mother hucker wrote:
Layne wrote:

Layne you looking for a FT share this season? im happy to take 6 of the 10 or less dependant on your requirements. You can use your club card points also as i dont have any

Sorry buddy, I've given up on the FT thing. While the price is good the way it's structured is a pain IMO and I am just going to rely on Clubcard points to ease the cost.
snow report
Mother hucker wrote:
jbob wrote:

Im after someone jbob as already said ill take 6 crossings if that suits

I'm looking for at least 2 x returns if you're still looking for someone to share with?
snow report
@Layne, I've had an occasion recently where despite there being plenty of availability on the trains, I was unable to change my crossing time. It would only have been £20 extra on FQ ticket, but I had to fork out another £100+ for a regular fare. There were no FQ fares available on Sun 15th September at any time for my vehicle type. Ironically, I could have booked our 4x4 on the train we wanted which would have taken only marginally less space in the over height carriage than the campervan.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy