Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instruction recommendation please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to montgenevre, Alp du huez and a couple of other resorts for a couple of weeks with my 14 year old daughter. Any recommendations for off piste instruction? Staying in LE bourg for first three days and thought of ADH , chamerrouse and maybe la Grave or Les 2 Alp then montgenevre for a week then last couple of days are still open to choose. Thoughts and recommendations would be very helpful. My 14 year old loves messing around off piste more than on ( as I do) and we feel the need to progress and move further away from piste as we have in the past but would like some good instruction . Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Speak to A peak in Montgenevre. We've used them several times over the past 7 years including for off piste sessions for my two boys when they were 14 and 16. I can't recommend them highly enough.
I'd suggest you email before you go and let them know exactly what you're looking for
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bigtoe, Take a look at the first post on the L2A thread for instructor recommendations here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=133024#3176652

For La Grave you need a guide or an organised group. The ski schools here run trips, although access is only really by road now.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks chaps, I have been in touch with Apeak and had booked in 2 half day sessions 3 & 3/4 hrs for us two. Price came to £450.00 which I thought was a tad on the dear side, which is why I asked on here.
What do you think for that regarding cost.?

I have spoken with bureau of guides of la grave and there cost seemed a lot better up to 4 people on a full day £340 or join a group for £90 each .

We really want to do it so if you think the cost is the norm then I’ll just have to remortgage 🤙🏽😄
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bigtoe, is that £ or €? If € you wouldn't get anything cheaper here I don't think. For a private lesson for 2 here ESS charge 60€/hour.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Claude B, hi yes the euro, I'm just thinking its 1 euro roughly for the GBP ( well less as I found at stanstead 200 euro cost 219 GBP through the cash dispenser 😧😧😧😧) so the price is correct so I'll now have confidence to book. Out of interest if the lesson cannot go ahead due to weather or off piste too crudy what happens then ?
Thanks for the advise
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Claude B, hi yes the euro, I'm just thinking its 1 euro roughly for the GBP ( well less as I found at stanstead 200 euro cost 219 GBP through the cash dispenser 😧😧😧😧) so the price is correct so I'll now have confidence to book. Out of interest if the lesson cannot go ahead due to weather or off piste too crudy what happens then ?
Thanks for the advise
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@bigtoe, If the lifts are open they'll find off piste don't worry. Obviously nicer with sun and powder Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Claude B, ha ha fair enough. Now i just need to get me some skis ! many thanks
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think the price from A-Peak is fair enough and is for a group of up to 6 skiers. It seems dear as there are just 2 of you, but it woks out at €60 an hour.

The guys at A-Peak are great and will take you to the best places in the domain depending on conditions.

Same goes for La Grave. It's the going rate.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@volfy, yes as long as it’s the going rate I’m happy with it. I have now booked and I’m sure we won’t regret it😄
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy