Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swtich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How many of you have switched completely from skiing to boarding and if so why?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easier on the knees.
Can sit down on the piste (yeah, in the middle, just over a brow).
Don't have to faff about poking a pole in the snow when you want to turn.
Powder is a dream, not a nightmare.
You can walk in your boots - in bars, hotels, chalets, apartments, etc.
No peer pressure to 'ski properly, decorously, and considerately'.
Like motorcycling vs driving, it's cooler and sexier.

How's that for starters?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I swing 4 ways, all have their ecstacy moments. Skis and teleboard for icy morning cord, snowboard and telemark for powder. But sometimes (and I'm very rusty) I like to take the snowboard out and try to drag a hip across the morning crust. I've yet to manage a heelside bum drag but a couple of times had both elbows rubbing snow on a toeside carve . . . best feeling ever Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin till I realise that no-one's watching Confused

@crosbie, there's nowt sexier that laying down a set of linked tele carve turns through and past a group of ESF victims . . . doesn't mater how old or ugly you are, young women find you cool . . . just ask Mr Pink (not that he's ugly) he's UBER COOL Madeye-Smiley

@DonWon, it's horses for courses, however you feel on the day and that might even just be coffee, croissant, a good book and wiggling yer toes in the sunshine.. It really doesn't matter, run wot U brung and live for the moment . . . and trust that there'll be another Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've always boarded, partly because my wife had snapped her cruciate ligament in a ski accident. Bending the knee was okay, but twisting it, like counting to 5, was right out. So to get on the mountain she switched to boarding and we started at the same time.

She's now had the rebuild with a bit of hamstring fed back through the knee, and has thought of skiing again, but she's pretty sure she's now as good on a board as she was on skis, so not too bothered.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skied for about 5 years, then switched to snowboarding. never skied since, its so much more fun.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skied from 1985
Boarded from 1999
Done about 450 days of each.
Normally board now though so I can show my kids up in the park Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was an expert-level skier, but switched completely once I put my first board on, 600 snow days ago.

Rationale: I'm not happy doing things badly, so I knew that I had to put all my snow time into snowboarding until I could do it as well as I could ski. I'm past that point now, but I've not felt the need to go back to two planks for downhill.

FWIW I ride mostly powder but now and then my race-board gets to carve the cord.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For all the reasons @crosbie mentioned, plus more, would really like to. But all those blinking drag lifts... Sad My old arms and legs ache enough as it is.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Grizzler, pah! I've done the 'experts only' Summit Platter drag lift with an arm in a sling (dislocated shoulder a few days afore), so drag lifts aren't really that much of a drag compared to doing them on skis. Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy