Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez - ski hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We're off to Alpe d'Huez for the first time in March and looking for ski hire shop recommendations.

Looking on Alpinesports.com there are the normal Intersport etc etc shops but also seems to be quite a few smaller or independents.

Any recommendations ? or good / bad experiences ?.

Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To an extent it depends what part of Alpe d'Huez you are staying in, otherwise you might have a long treck at the start /end of the week to collect and return your gear rather than just dropping it off after the last run. The two that I have personally used in recent years are Rocky Sports in Eclose who is a sport 2000 agent and Sarenne Sports at the top of the town. Both owner run and great service. I did use others many years ago when the kids were younger and never had any complaints about any of them though. There are dozens of shops in Alpe d'Huez including Skimium etc. but unfortunately do not really have any more recent experience. Outside the school holidays you should get a discounted rate from any of them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the reply.

We're staying to the north side of town near the DMC cable car accordingly to the map
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK that Sarenne sports is on the last piece of road up to the DMC station, rue du Pic Blanc, as well as at least 6 others including ski republic., another skimium branch , another sport 2000 branch etc.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, I'm going to book online shortly so just wanted to bump this to see if anyone else had any experiences good or bad ?

Cheers
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy