Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kronplatz reviews

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is our first time in SouthTirol and first impressions are really good. Ski area whilst not huge is more than enough for us for a week and really good for beginners as there are lots of blues.Atmosphere , architecture and beer is very Austrian without the rowdy apres ski.Ths resort keep the slopes in amazing condition and I guess the snow canons are on most nights as there is a fresh covering in the mornings . Mountain restaurants and huts are numerous and generally really good. We are staying in Valdaora which consists of a number of small villages remote from the lift base .Our hotel provides a shuttle bus which takes 2 minutes.There are a number of slopeside ski in / out hotels here as well.Also quite liked San Vigilio and would be good as a base.The fact that there is a good number of tree lined slopes protected us from the ferocious temperatures and the wind this week. -20 up top and - 14 at the base since Monday.
Hotel Alpin Panorama Hubert’s is outstanding with a spa, pool and saunas inside and 4 pools ,hot tub and sauna outside. Good has been excellent but the service was the highlight.Gave the porter ski bag and found later that he had unpacked it and filled my locker . I handed my skis in for a service at 4pm and they were in my locker for 8am.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Angus, Sounds like you really enjoyed it.

Did you go with a Tour Operator or did you find your own way down?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I just looked for a really good hotel first and organised the rest of the trip around it. Flights on BA Miles gatwick to Verona, transfer from Verona to hotel and we are getting the train back to Verona on Saturday and having a night there on the way back.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I looked at the hotel website, it was all good until the repeated use of " nude" in relation to sauna and pools!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
endoman wrote:
I looked at the hotel website, it was all good until the repeated use of " nude" in relation to sauna and pools!

Just take the plunge. I assure you it is worthwhile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Angus og wrote:
I just looked for a really good hotel first and organised the rest of the trip around it. Flights on BA Miles gatwick to Verona, transfer from Verona to hotel and we are getting the train back to Verona on Saturday and having a night there on the way back.

Glad you are enjoying it there. It certainly doesn’t suit everyone. The main drawback for me is the long transfer times unless you can get a flight to Innsbruck - not easy from Northern UK.
As I said earlier, we stayed in Olang/Valdaora a few times but now tend to stay in Sankt Vigilio which suits us better.
The quality of the accommodation I find to be high and bearing that in mind I like self catering and then eating out in places like Fana Ladina. We have found that you can often use hotel facilities (pool/ sauna/ etc) as a non resident on payment of a small fee. And the Kron4 leisure centre is good with the warm outdoor pool etc
Sadly I have to wait now until next season for my next visit
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Angus, I am looking to go via Verona airport too, as a flight to Innsbruck isn't an option yet from Ireland, where do you get the train too and is there a bus onward journey from the train, I am looking at going on to the dolomites possibly Selva, but would also be interested in San Vigilio or Valdaora, is there intermediate skiing here or is it all mainly blues.

thanks in advance
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy