Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort Help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have been skiing in St Anton fo rthe last 5 years and think its time to go somewhere different this season and I am looking for reccomendation, what we like about St Anton is it has a old style town for shops and restaurants but its not too big and you can ski in ski out, have considered Saalbach/Hinterglem but we are struggling to find a decent B&B (preferred option) any ideas????
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure whether your struggle with b/b in Saalbach is availability or cost or something else based, but if just getting recommendations will help have a look at Pension Enzian. Reviews are fab though i have not been (they stopped doing evening meals to move to b and b only but that ruled me out). But there are Saalbach/ General Austrian SH's with way more knowledge than me so sit tight for plenty of help!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Not sure whether your struggle with b/b in Saalbach is availability or cost or something else based, but if just getting recommendations will help have a look at Pension Enzian. Reviews are fab though i have not been (they stopped doing evening meals to move to b and b only but that ruled me out). But there are Saalbach/ General Austrian SH's with way more knowledge than me so sit tight for plenty of help!

Thanks, just seems to be more HB than B&B
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dannygreen70, have you looked for pension garni?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think you might struggle to find somewhere similar to St Anton though understand about wanting to see somewhere different though doubt you will find anything "better". Personally not convinced by S-H though I have never stayed in the valley (either day trips to Leogang or overnight in Fieberbrunn). Kitzbühel has an old town, the skiing area is a good size, not without challenge (though not in the Arlberg league), but not ski in / ski out and early / late season conditions can be variable. Not sure how many Pension type places Ischgl has, the skiing is good and the village is lively.

What other elements are important to you and when do you plan to go?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@dannygreen70, Let me know if you would like a copy of my comprehensive guide to Saalbach and the Ski Circus. (PM me your email address).
You will find Saalbach very different from StA - much more laid-back, with the emphasis on high mileage cruising. People who like Saalbach and go on to give Kitzbuhel a try generally seem find the latter disappointing by comparison.
There is plenty of well located and ski-in ski-out, B&B accommodation. As mentioned above, Pension Enzian is well thought-of - run by a British couple and was essentially a catered chalet type of set-up until last season when it changed to B&B. It’s ski-in ski-out ( but note it’s located at the bottom of the Schattberg North black run (piste no.1 on the piste map, which you can download from the Saalbach website), so that’s your last run home.
The 4 star Hotel Post is quite popular. It’s centrally located in the village square (equidistant from the three village centre gondolas), and again changed to B&B last season.
Similarly I understand that the Alpenhotel offers B&B with an option to dine in-house.
Next door to us is the B&B Pension Grafleiten, which is essentially ski-in ski-out and,like us, is directly opposite the brand new (for the coming season), state of the art 10-seater Kohlmais gondola, and where two blue runs and two red runs from the south-facing side of the village terminate. Also close to the best apres-ski bars.
Other B&Bs that spring to mind are the Pensions Wallner and Norika and the Haus Pilch.
Please don’t hesitate to ask for any guidance - always glad to help.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zermatt.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tatmanstours wrote:
The 4 star Hotel Post is quite popular. It’s centrally located in the village square (equidistant from the three village centre gondolas), and again changed to B&B last season.

As Tatman knows, I'm a big fan of the Post having stayed there the past few years. Very conveniently located, not stupidly expensive, spotless inside and does a decent breakfast. Also has a decent spa with an outdoor pool (great for the winter). Ask to stay in one of the 'villa' rooms.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We stayed here and it was perfect!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gainz, I would have mentioned the Koenig (and even certain well-located apartments), but the OP is looking specifically for a B&B.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah ok. They did a B&B option I believe but if its a traditional pension they were after then maybe not suitable.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy