Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody with specific details about what lifts are covered with a Courmayeur lift pass would be great. Does a local Skipass cover runs to Zerotta/ Gabba? On the website it currently offers a Courmayeur lift pass for €239 and one for Courmayeur + Aosta Valley for the same price!! Times I’ve visited the resort before I was under the impression that the local pass was for Plan Checrouit and if you flipped over to Gabba/Bertolini etc that was covered on the more expensive pass. Is this still the case or have the lift pass boundaries changed?? Any clarity appreciated. NB for a 6 day pass

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 8-03-18 13:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mistermish, the pass you mention covers all of Courmayuer ski area, and one day at another of the Aosta resorts, we did La Thuile last year for a day, it may also include one trip up the skyway lift up Monte Bianco, worth doing if the weathers good, it revolves 360 degrees on each ascent/descent, last lift is 4pm, if you get there for 3.30 there's enough time to get to the top station and spend a bit of time there, don't bother spending any time at the mid station.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers. Is it me or has the lift pass been ramped up considerably? For such a small resort it’s only £50 less than a 3 valleys pass! Ah well it is what it is, guess someone’s got to pay for the fancy pants new cable car 😂😂
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The 6 day Aosata valley pass covers Courmayeur, ALL lifts, plus TWO days at other areas. IE La Tuille, Pila, Skyway. just 2 not all three. If you have transport you could use 1 day to go to Cervinia, about an hour & half drive. The 5 day pass only covers 1 other area.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Old Man Of Lech,
Must be a great area with a motor 😁 In the lap of the gods at the mo, fights early tomorrow morning from Gatwick M3, M25 & M23 all got night closures, mini ‘Beast from the East rearring it’s ugly head!! Might start packing up the car anyway, more likely to arrive at a decent time that way 😂😂
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@geoffknight, @Old Man Of Lech, cheers guys 👍🏻
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mistermish, you’d think that but actually a lot of the resorts are quite spread out and tolls expensive. Like I was supposed to go to Alagna last night (I live in Aosta in the city) and that’s a six hour round trip with €80 in tolls. Courmayeur is the closest resort to me (after local hill Pila) and it’s still 30 mins drive + €9 toll. Few years ago I got the full valley pass (I think it was about €1,000) and only ended up using it twice outside of Pila....so basically had two days skiing other resorts for €300 each day ...still feel sick thinking about it!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
moseyp-Aosta to Courmayeur is still only 40 mins without using the motorway,IE no toll. La Thuile also. Based in Courmayeur, I've managed to do Courmayeur, La Thuile x 3, Pila x4 & Cervinia once, Will definately go there again in the next week or two. Champoluc is a possibility but at over 2 hours not so sure.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Old Man Of Lech, 90 minutes if using autoroute...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Old Man Of Lech, it’s 50 minutes each way - that’s not a short trip, especially when petrol costs as much as it does here. And my point was that’s the closest resort to me and it’s still quite a drive. Champoluc is 90 minutes and a €30 toll - each way. Purtroppo I can’t afford to drive three hours and pay €60 in tolls to ski there for a day
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Driving in the Aosta Valley is usually a dream as the roads are so quiet. The level of the tolls is clearly successful in pushing drivers onto other roads.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@moseyp, why so expensive? €17.70 one way from Aosta last week...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name, what? Which route? I have to drive there on Saturday can you send me a link to the route on google maps please, thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy