Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Integrale 600 vs 800, Natural Instinct vs Supreme

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheads,

I'm a beginner skier, I have spent just a few hours on-piste so far (4 times 3-4 hours, more exactly) and I really start to enjoy this sport. I always used rented skis, different models each time, right the begginer ones that were available at the local rent shop. Last time I got a Head Integrale 600 which was a real hit for me.

Now I decided to buy a pair of skis so I dont have to waiste time with going to the shop for renting the skis and taking them back every time. Unfortunately the one I tried last time is not for sale but I could buy an Integrale 800 at a different shop - at this shop there's no possibility to rent it, I can just buy it.

I know this one is not exactly for beginners, it is more targeted to intermediate skiers. Do you think these skis are very different from the 600s? I mean, are they really much more stiff, more difficult to turn, etc?

The same applies for Head Natural Instinct and Supreme Instinct. Natural Instinct is a newer model, and it is targeted to beginners but only the Supreme - which is the next level regarding stiffness - is available at the shop at my size.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @easyslider, welcome to Snowheads!

Head make good skis. They know what they're doing and you're probably making a good choice buying Head skis at your level of skiing. They'll be well made, easy to turn and should last you well for a good few years.

In terms of Beginner Vs Intermediate skis, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'd say the main thing at this level isn't that Intermediate skis are harder to ski on but more that beginner skis are made to be as cheap and as light and as durable as possible and so the manufacturers haven't put any additional cost into making them perform any better than the necessary minimum. After all, why would a beginner choose a ski that had good performance they don't need? So go for an intermediate ski straight off and it will serve you well now and as you get better.

I think the Integrale range is probably 2-3 years old and I suspect it was replaced by the Instinct range. In which case I'd only buy the Integrale skis if they were significantly cheaper. Buy new if you can as skis at this level aren't designed to last as well as the more expensive ranges. Definitely avoid ex-rentals.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the advice!

Yes, the Integrale 800 I was talking about was originally released in 2015. The shop has one pair remaining in stock, it has never been used and they can offer a really good discount on them. I think I'll go for them if they really are in the stated mint condition.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I spent my first two years on the Integrale 005 which is equivalent to the 600 now, then the next two on the Integrale 1000. They are a brilliant ski to learn on and also develop your ability on. TBH you would have to drag me kicking and screaming away from Head skis to get me on anything else.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy