Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon QST

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I recently had chance to test Salomon QST 99 and thought they were very enjoyable but wish I had more time to try them in more varied conditions. I couldn't really find fault but has anyone else tried the 99's or 106's and what did you think?

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My son is on the 106 and loves them! I have the older Q105 and it's a great all-round ski, rocker in the front, but a flatter tail, not a powder noodle.......
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bought 106 for a trip to JPN. Perfect for my limited powder experience, easy ski, light and hold edge quite well for my 90 kg. When I researched I think I found differences in construction between 99 and 106/118
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I tried the 99s or 93s at Oktobertest and thought they were just about the definition of meh. But people are different so my opinion doesn't really matter if you liked them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes, It does matter. I tried them for 20 minutes so thought I would use the vast and helpful Snowhead network to gain additional views. Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Zermattandchips, I believe the new 99 for next season will have a new construction using “basalt” and an improved combination of carbon and flax , same shape and turn radius
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I really enjoyed the 99s in slush and spring snow. Playful, lots of fun, and easy to throw around. Suspect they'd make a great touring ski. Hard snow/crud buster? Less so.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy