Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help - Blaze Wear Battery Charging

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought my Daughter some Blaze Wear heated Glove Liners and am charging the battery for the first time.

The instructions say:
RED Light - Charging
GREEN Light - Finished Charging.

It doesn't say anything about being Green and flashing Red (4 flashes) every few seconds - It was red when first plugged in, but started doing this after about 45mins of charging. (It says it should take 4 - 5 hrs).

Also - it says that the batteries should be fully charged when stored - but in the information it says they should be re-charged every so often...and in different places, gives 3 different time periods:
- 6 Weeks
- 3 Months
- 6 Months

Any insight from owners would be brilliant.

Many thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Old Fartbag, can’t say I’ve noticed Mrs U’s doing this, although I might well not anyway even if they were.

I’d give them a call. Whenever I have they were immensely helpful. tel:0845 475 7510
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yup, 1st class customer service.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, Thanks, that was my intention if I didn't get a definitive answer.

I suspect I have received a faulty Battery Pack, as touching the connector has it flashing quicker.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
it says on my instructions that they may flicker between the two just before turning fully green ..charge for another hour...and I have only charged mine prior the ski season and they still are OK

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 20-03-18 8:05; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DaveD wrote:
it says on my instructions that they may flicker between the two just before turning fully green ..charge for another hour...and I have only charged mine pair ski season and they still are OK

Trouble is, touching the connector lead causes the light to flicker. Letting it go and it's mostly Green, with the odd flicker to Red. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Old Fartbag, give them a call. Sounds suspect to me.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On my Outdoor Research and previous Heatra/Black Diamond heated gloves, I’ve regularly had a similar effect. On mine both batteries plug into one charger at the same time, and as expected light is red on the charger. Once fully charged the light is green, but if one battery finishes charging before the other the light flashes red/green. Eventually, the light goes solid green. I’ve had one faulty battery that never went green, which was confirmed by replacing it from the other pair of gloves.

I’ve also experienced apparently fully charged batteries, green light on, going back to red by touching the leads etc.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PowderAdict, Thank you for the reply.

I will find out what's going on tomorrow.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@PowderAdict, if @Old Fartbag's charger is the same as the Mrs', there's an LED for each battery... and they change colour independently. And I don't think alternating green and red is a good sign.

That said, the indicators on her boot heaters (SIDAS Pro) cycle through red/amber/green while plugged into the charger whether charging or not. The key indicator is on the wall brick which is red for charging, green for charged and flashing for a problem.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@under a new name, The wall charger on this model has only one light.

I rang this morning. Got a slightly cool reception until I gave my order number....apparently they are under new management. They are in the process of sorting out their instruction leaflet (battery charged every 3 months when in storage) - so are sort of in a state of flux.

During the course of the conversation, the lady softened her attitude and ended up being fair and helpful. I'm sending back my battery pack (with a pre-payed label) and they are sending me a new one.

She said that the light would flash from red to green, when one battery had charged...but not behave as I described.

As an aside, the new Active model, which came out in 2017, seems to run bigger in their Small (7-7.5), compared to the previous X1 (6-7).

Thanks all for the help.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Old Fartbag, ah, OK.

"Under new management" never sounds good to me!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not dissimilar to "under a new name" Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ecureuil, haha

Never knowingly new managed.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy