Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl bridge - length advice ... sorry for beginners’ question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been skiing hardpack for what seems like millennia, and have solid technique but trashed ACL on one leg. I have access to a set of 2010 Volkl Bridge skis - which are cambered skis - and I am concerned about the length. I usually ski 150-155 slalom skis and have some 167 rockered skis. I am 171cm tall and 140lbs (63kg) - these Volkl skis are 169cm and I don’t want to say ‘yes’ to them if they are too long - it would just be a waste. I note on EVO ski that in 2010 users were like this: ski 177 skier’s height 183; ski length 169 height 179. Which suggests that the 169 would be too long for me. Reactions?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 26-04-18 9:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@valais2, does the Bridge have any tip rocker? I'm pretty close to your size but (based on stuff you post, plus a realistic assessment of me) less skilled than you, and I would happily ski a ski that length with a little tip rocker or early rise. On a fully cambered ski I'd want to be in the low to mid 160s.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@valais2, i am slightly lighter than you and skis don’t know how tall you are. I ski Mantra at 177, which is a stiffer ski and less rockered.

So I would think they’d be fine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Echo the above comments-you should be fine.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mgrolf, yes that what I was worried about ... they are the 2010 model which is described as ‘less rocker’ and ‘slightly rockered at the tip’ - so I guess I should get them on the kitchen table and see exactly what the profile is....thanks UANM - good point re ‘skis dont know how tall you are’....I hadn’t thought of things that way before - it is mass which counts, why did I not think of that...many thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@valais2, no worries. To be really pedantic, height will affect centre of mass but really? all this sizing stuff is so vague that height doesn't make a real world difference.

It's used as a simple heuristic so that yer average ski tech with a day's training can size you up for rentals.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, ...many thanks. But I am now paranoid that my skis are watching me ... perhaps they DO know my height ... after all they do look at me kind of funny sometimes....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
valais2 wrote:
‘slightly rockered at the tip’

I'd go for them with that description, definitely.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mgrolf, excellent - many thanks for thoughtful and engaged reply - really helpful
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@valais2, just because you’re paranoid, etc.... wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy