Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone skied the Head Kore 93?

Poster: A snowHead
I was looking at buying a 90-ish mm ski that could rail groomers but also do double duty as spring touring ski. My other skis are 108mm+.

I put a thread here and I had recommendations for a Scott Superguide 88 or 95, Blizzard Zero-G 95 etc. In the meantime I also found a good deal on Salomon MTN Explore, which are highly spoken of.

But now I've read some reviews of the Head Kore 93s that make my mouth water. I like how Head skis (ok, based on a 73mm ski) - more than a Salomon 24-7 from a couple of years back. Can I really get a powerful ski that weighs half way between touring skis and all-mountain ones? I could deal with the extra weight on the up - the whole point is to have a ski for all non-deep conditions including piste, not a featherlight Haute Route machine.

Anyone here skied the Kore 93s?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I demo'd the 105 and they are very very stiff. Especially for such a light ski. Also I found the recommended mount point to be way to far back. I shifted the entire binding 30-40mm forward and found it much better.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pm jon for the detail
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, they're lots of fun! Mid stiff, but feel more 'competent' (that's the word that kept coming to mind for all of the Kore skis for me) than twin-tip toy. Similar stiffness to your CD114Ls from memory, maybe stiffer in the tip.

I think they'd be pretty spot on for you/that purpose actually. You'd have no problem throwing them around, but equally the'd respond well to your chargey ski style.

Biggest question mark might be how you feel about a twin tip on the skin track/during kick turns - but IIRC it's more tail rocker than a proper twin?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skiing them much of the season. Loads of fun, on and off piste.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@horizon, I'm an absolute lover of Head skis, have everything from SL, to Supershapes. I've not been on the Kore 93 but know people who have been on them and they love a lot

Be worth you looking at the Kastle FX95hp or Non HP(softer) the only non head ski I have and for good reason. Absolutely cracking 95mm ski that will simple go anywhere and you can carve the life out of them!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Own the Head 105 in 189 ( I'm 186 and 95kg). Love them, great even on piste where they carve away quite happily. Excellent in Powder, trees and especially in chop and crud give their weight. Its not just the rigidity , there is something about the construction that creates the right balance of stiffness, light weight and dampness without the "hollowness" of defelection that I have experienced in other light stiff constructions (pre- Alchemist DPS and Volkl BMT). Have toured them but nothing too techincal.

Some very good deals to be found on them right now as well.

Note that a Kore 99 is announced for next year as well, but from the weights it looks as if the construction might be changing (i.e. Blistergear flash review has it heavier than the 105 in the same length).

Definitely a ski series that will be turning Heads for a while ---- Boom Boom Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@clarky999, @nozawaonsen, any thoughts on the stiffness compared to the likes of the Kendo or Brahma, for a 65kg lightweight? Most reviews suggest they're (very) stiff but a few seem to say they're fairly accessible. I've had my eyes on them all season but not managed to track down a pair to demo.
(@horizon, apologies for hitching a ride on your thread, I was going to post a very similar question)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mgrolf, softer than the Brahma from what I remember. Never skied the Kendo, sorry!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mgrolf, being so light means they are very agile and easy to move about, so that counters the stiffness to a degree. And obviously that stiffness has other advantages. That said I weigh 20kg more than you so it bothered me less than it might you.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am on their older Flight Series 95mm model. If they are anything like that, you will be VERY happy.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@clarky999, @nozawaonsen, @Lilledonmarco, thanks...I think I need to find a pair Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm currently debating between picking up these or some Black Crows Orbs, does anyone have experience on both? (for reference I'm 184cm, 92kg)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I ski Black Crows Atris and demoed the Kore 105 at the SH MK Ski test ... loved them.
Was considering upgrading (?) to the Head as the Atris is pretty heavy and maybe a little stiff ... but not sure what others think about relative stiffness ...
My son has a pair of the 1st or 2nd gen older Kendos ... an awesome all mountain ski ... but again pretty heavy given what's around these days.
I'd definitely get the Kore if I was looking to buy now ... that's if you can find any left.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I skied the Atris for a day this year and was impressed, but given I spend more time on piste than off figured I'd be better off in the low 90s range. Looks like S&R have the K93s in stock!

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 18-04-18 9:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
PBJ wrote:
I ski Black Crows Atris and demoed the Kore 105 at the SH MK Ski test ... loved them.

How can you seriously compare skis like this in a snow dome???
ski holidays
coconuttommo wrote:
Looks like S&R have the K93s in stock!

They have one pair fewer now Toofy Grin

(how can I resist 40% off on a sold-out ski that seems to fit my style?)

#hopethepounddidn'tclimbagainsttheeurowhileIwasn'tlooking
ski holidays
horizon wrote:
coconuttommo wrote:
Looks like S&R have the K93s in stock!

They have one pair fewer now Toofy Grin

(how can I resist 40% off on a sold-out ski that seems to fit my style?)

#hopethepounddidn'tclimbagainsttheeurowhileIwasn'tlooking

what size did you go for? I can't decide 180/189.. also trying to find a good deal on a set of bindings to go with
ski holidays
I went for 180 given my intended use. I have Whitedots R108CLs in 186cl, Down CD114L in 189 so I’m covered for long skis.

(I’m 5’11 in thick socks and 84kg)
snow report
phew, I'm leaning towards 189. just debating whether the Look SPX 12s are tough enough
ski holidays
Any thoughts on length for a lightweight? At 65kg I'd normally ski a fully cambered piste ski in the low 160s, and my Soul Riders (tip and tail rocker, plus they're twintips) are 177. I liked the Kendo and RTM84 at 170, so I'm thinking the same for the Kores but I'm nearly 20kg less than @horizon Which makes me wonder if I should be going for the size down? As always, I'm indecisive Laughing
ski holidays
mgrolf wrote:
Any thoughts on length for a lightweight? At 65kg I'd normally ski a fully cambered piste ski in the low 160s, and my Soul Riders (tip and tail rocker, plus they're twintips) are 177. I liked the Kendo and RTM84 at 170, so I'm thinking the same for the Kores but I'm nearly 20kg less than @horizon Which makes me wonder if I should be going for the size down? As always, I'm indecisive Laughing

That's a tough question to answer really. I would just go for whatever Head recommend for your weight and skill level. Sounds like 170 ish is your guide from experience. I'm 20 kg heavier than you and would be looking at 180+ for sure.
snow report
Sorry to hijack. Any long term thoughts on these skis?

I’m 6”5 ,93kg so was keen on understanding the best length and what they feel like in different conditions etc

Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy