Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2018/2019 (May 16th Perfect Conditions)

Poster: A snowHead
Markymark29 wrote:
@stanton, there’s absolutely nothing wrong at Arlmont,I know they are solid.........where to you get this nonsense from? 🙄🙄
He can't tell you. It's a secret only super Dutch taxi drivers are privy to.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@franga, no problem. Our 4 year old skied from Stuben to the mooserwirt years ago Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@franga, Short answer yes, assuming they are happy on real red runs. There have been occasional weeks when crowds have been an issue but generally no problems at all, though the Arlberg is not the quietest of ski areas so there are often queues in various places. You might want to consider taking the gondola all the way to Zürs as the link to the piste is a bashed cat track which can be a bit dull but no great stress. The most difficult "piste" would be the Madloch run down to Zug or Lech, perfectly OK for competent skiers in good conditions.

The free buses no longer run but there are reasonably regular Postbuses between St Anton and Zürs / Lech though no great reason to pay for them unless you are an early bird or want to stay late
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Small clarification... the free, aka blue, buses still run between Lech and Zürs, turning around at Trittkopfbahn. Can be useful on the return from Lech, if the crowd at Ruffikopfbahn is out the door.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steilhang wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:
@stanton, there’s absolutely nothing wrong at Arlmont,I know they are solid.........where to you get this nonsense from? 🙄🙄
He can't tell you. It's a secret only super Dutch taxi drivers are privy to.

That info is private & will remain ...there are plenty of other properties as well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@stanton, somehow I knew you'd come back with an answer like that.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Laughing @Steilhang,
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Steilhang, @Markymark29,

Steißbachtal Very Happy Very Happy LoL
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
July 2018 Cost of Living Austria

you can add a approx 30-50% on the Restaurant/Drinks for St Anton & most the Major Resorts.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Austria
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
@Steilhang, @Markymark29,

Steißbachtal Very Happy Very Happy LoL

That will be the Arlberg Super Volcano about to erupt under Steisbachtal if my secret source is to be believed.

Somewhat like your own mystical informant! Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@skimastaaah, Steisbachtal may become a beginners mini Malfontal !!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stanton wrote:
@skimastaaah, Steisbachtal may become a beginners mini Malfontal !!

Not if the Mini Super Volcano blows up! Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Don’t know if anyone has heard the news regards the huge land slip last night in the freak storm. At Schnann 100,000m3 of rock has washed down the gorge, and wiped out the B road, blocked the Rosanna and wiped out the railway line. Rosanna dug out but train line still closed, extensive damage.

http://m.tt.com/panorama/unfall/14655190-91/arlbergstrecke-bleibt-gesperrt-unwetter-in-tirol-weiter-m%C3%B6glich.csp
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yup. Quite a few videos and photos on my FB feed this morning. Scary stuff some of them, with raging torrents outside people's windows. Some aerial shots on the Landeck Feuerwehr FB page.
snow report
Been on the News here in Switzerland mostly because of the Railway Closure

http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/help.exe/dn?tpl=showmap_external

http://youtube.com/v/D5UuY1PXbTM
latest report
Unglaublich
snow report
Looks like volcano damage to me.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/jdT4kcU2kpk
latest report
munich_irish wrote:
@franga, Short answer yes, assuming they are happy on real red runs. There have been occasional weeks when crowds have been an issue but generally no problems at all, though the Arlberg is not the quietest of ski areas so there are often queues in various places. You might want to consider taking the gondola all the way to Zürs as the link to the piste is a bashed cat track which can be a bit dull but no great stress. The most difficult "piste" would be the Madloch run down to Zug or Lech, perfectly OK for competent skiers in good conditions.

The free buses no longer run but there are reasonably regular Postbuses between St Anton and Zürs / Lech though no great reason to pay for them unless you are an early bird or want to stay late

Thanks very much (apologies for the delay in acknowledging your reply, have been on hols!). So we can take the gondola all the way down to Zurs? Piste map is not very clear ...
latest report
Skiing is Coming Home

https://www.arlbergkandaharrennen.com/

http://youtube.com/v/cxTB3ljMfEs

snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, re Rauz best to stay in the powder on the right and cross over skiers left half way down.
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/5T8K4BSTfZA
ski holidays
Planning going in for Piste adaption

Piste 44 (Gstans) inklusive deren Einmündung in die
Pisten 42 (Kandahar-Kapall) und 43 (Fasch)

https://www.tirol.gv.at/uploads/media/KM_Arlberger_Bergbahnen_AG_Pisteneinbindung_Gstans_Laviert.pdf
snow conditions
Projekt "Gleitschneesicherung Steissbachtal 2018

2 phase project.

Barriers covering 2.44 Hectares

https://www.tirol.gv.at/uploads/media/KM_Arlberger_Bergbahnen_AG_Gleitschneesicherung_Steissbachtal.pdf

They will need to speed this through & have NO objections to have it ready this season....NOT !!
snow conditions
That'll be summer 2019/20, the cat-track will be busy nexrt season again.
snow report
@Markymark29,

They got to go through the objection phase & from what I hear Two Families who own the land are not interested ..............
............................................Do not want the Valley´s Scenic Beauty Scarred/Ruined with Avalanche Barriers ...................................................
latest report
@stanton, Fair comment obvs but got to be balanced with financial considerations for sure.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Markymark29,

They do not need the money Happy

Finance has nothing to do with it..they have objected to avalanche barriers for 25yrs+ to preserve the valley's beauty.....
it has only now become a huge issue (overdone imo) with resort operator with the frequent Gleitschneelawine...

It will be snowing in Arlberg this weekend could be nearly 50cms above 2000metrs so i camnot see them doing any site inspections ...LOL ....
ski holidays
@stanton, i'll be there, on my mountain bike this weekend.....when I say financial I meant that financial gain would overrule nature concerns.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

https://www.tirol.gv.at/uploads/media/KM_Arlberger_Bergbahnen_AG_Pisteneinbindung_Gstans_Laviert.pdf

What is this supposed to achieve? Presumably nothing to do with the Steissbachtal
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:
stanton wrote:

What is this supposed to achieve? Presumably nothing to do with the Steissbachtal

Nothing to do with Steissbachtal, it's over Kappall way. Not having a map in front of me, at a guess it's probably the top section near the lift as they mention a section of the red piste and the joint section of the blue and black. Adaptation including widening and flattening. Happy to be corrected.
ski holidays
Don’t have enough German to read the article, but 42, 43, and 44 all start at the top of Kapall. Maybe the plan is widen the start of 42 & 43? A lot of intermediates use 43 and the first 50 - 100m gets quite bumpy because it is relatively narrow.

The 3 runs cross each other further down, but I cannot readily picture what needs to be fixed at the 2 intersection points.

As @Sitter said, this work has nothing to do with Steissbachtal. They are in different parts of the world.
latest report
That was my thoughts too but cant really see what is wrong with the current set up. perhaps something to do with the ski race, though races have been successfully run on the current pistes. The planing document does not give much detail, mentioning piste widening within the current ski area. It also mentions clearing a small area of Latschen, which are dwarf alpine pine trees which I suspect is the planning issue. Not sure about Austria but assumes the same as in Germany where any sort of tree felling is a planning issue.
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
@stanton, i'll be there, on my mountain bike this weekend.....when I say financial I meant that financial gain would overrule nature concerns.

Take some wonderful history fotos of Steißbachtal because if these Eyesore Ugly Iron Barriers go up .........and the "To Hell Projekt Dias" ever gets finally approved ....NOT Skullie
................................................................................................Malfontal will be NEXT Skullie....................................................................................................................
latest report
munich_irish wrote:
Not sure about Austria but assumes the same as in Germany where any sort of tree felling is a planning issue.

Very much so in Austria in the mountains hence the huge fines for entering off limit forest areas ...
ski holidays
Skihütte Heustadl St. Anton

Is currently under another rebuild/expansion

This was an initial design but the project going on is covering more of the deck

https://www.gerhardpoller.at/projekt-detail/skihuette-heustadl-st-anton.html
ski holidays
Being advertised as a new hotel on Facebook https://www.j2ski.com/ski_hotels/Austria/St_Anton_Am_Arlberg/Arlen_Lodge.html

I assume the old Arlenburg had new owners (and a new name). The old incarnation did not seem to be all that busy, ie regularly had “zimmer frei”, even in February.
latest report
ulmerhutte wrote:
Being advertised as a new hotel on Facebook https://www.j2ski.com/ski_hotels/Austria/St_Anton_Am_Arlberg/Arlen_Lodge.html

I assume the old Arlenburg had new owners (and a new name). The old incarnation did not seem to be all that busy, ie regularly had “zimmer frei”, even in February.

New owners taken over this summer, same people as Anthony's I believe.
snow conditions
@Sitter, it’s the Manager from there
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy