Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SnowHeads Ski Fitness Test Challenge

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have two ski fitness tests on our site, a basic one and a more lengthy extended version for ski racers and instructors. No special equipment needed and you can do from home during the zombie corona lockdown. Have a go and enter your details. Not a competition (unless you want it to be Wink ) but a good way to track your own progress towards ski fitness.

http://www.insideoutskiing.com/info/fitness.html

Also on the same page are some suggested body weight workouts

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 27-03-20 16:53; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Heck for every 10th person who submits a test result I will offer a half price group clinic at Hemel once we get back skiing again. Will select a random name from each batch of 10 entries to keep it fair and I can publish anonymised results in a spreadsheet if you fancy seeing how you are doing against the greater skiing public snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tumbleweeds... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skimottaret, I think they're a pretty useful tool, I was using the instructor set monthly last autumn to track progress (until the point my knee problems started to limit what I could do) and found them useful. I will probably start using them again once my knee is back to full strength.
That said, I tracked the results in a spreadsheet - couldn't see what you wanted them for (other than a good chuckle) or what you were going to do with them... Nothing sinister I'm sure, but a spreadsheet lets me flag positive / negative movement and target improvements / remediations, and develop 'insights'.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Tubaski, Glad to hear someone actually used it Smile Finding your baseline and tracking your own progress was the main intention. As I got time on my hands a trip down memory lane as to how these evolved over time and what I wanted the results for.. Actually this was done 10 years ago when I was race coaching and we wanted to develop a set of skills and fitness tests for club racers. There are tests that are used for national team selection but a bit too advanced for juniors and typically require gym equipment. We wanted a set of tests that could be done anywhere and could be used to track general ski fitness, recovery post injury, and ideally correlate to race results. The data entry form on my site was done so I could capture all the kids results on a spreadsheet much like you did Smile. 5 or 6 years ago I modified them to have an entry level and extended version so could use with IOS clients and Instructor/Eurotest trainees. I got input from a couple of people (head of coaching at BASI, an L4 examiner, Gap year coach, physios, an ET opener and a couple other coaches) and was hoping to come up with a standardised set of data from various ET training camps as part of my ISTD thesis on the Eurotest, coupling fitness data to success/injury on the ET circuit.

Just thought I would dust em off during the lockdown and perhaps encourage a few to test their baselines and hopefully see some positive improvement come ski season. I was pretty bummed looking at my results from 4-6 years ago when I was training hard to last weeks results in my current blob like fitness state with aching knees Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skimottaret, interesting to hear the history. maybe you should include some of that on the page, so that folks know theres a more there than just something you made up on a rainy Wednesday afternoon?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
With regards to your knee injury we used to offer a very comprehensive series of ski stability tests developed by our physio/coach Lisa and Dr. Dave Murrie. Stopped running these when she moved from the UK but happy to send you a copy so you could self test.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skimottaret, thanks, would be interested in seeing that!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
have emailed you..
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@skimottaret,

Sorry only just seen fitness test - looks interesting and I'm going to give a go next weekend when have time.

Also looked at the home fitness youtube which seems doable. Think the other might kill me at this stage. lol
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@mozwold, @Tubaski, Lisa our physio/coach/crossfit instructor is running 45 minute mobility and stretching sessions every Friday at 11:30 on Zoom. They aren't ski specific but are to help loosen up the joints for all of us who are walking/cycling and spending way too much time on the computer. If you fancy checking it out email me at info at insideoutskiing.com
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy