Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Precautionary recall of 3+ avalanche transceivers running software version 2.1

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
PRECAUTIONARY RECALL OF 3+ AVALANCHE TRANSCEIVERS RUNNING SOFTWARE VERSION 2.1
Feedback from our SAFETY ACADEMY PARTNERS has revealed that, in some very rare situations, temporary disruption of the transmission function may occur on our 3+ avalanche transceivers running software version 2.1. The reason for the disruption is a software error. The new software version 2.2 will rectify the error.

There have been no known accidents caused by the software error. As a precautionary measure to ensure our customers are not at risk, we are recalling all 3+ transceivers running software version 2.1. Devices affected by the recall may no longer be used without the required software update.

https://www.ortovox.com/uk/services/emergency-equipment/avalanche-transceivers/recall-3/

& details of who the recall agent is:

https://www.ortovox.com/uk/services/emergency-equipment/avalanche-transceivers/recall-3/hotline/
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ise, thanks for the heads up, I'm sure there will be a few people with these.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Who's doing the UK recall ?
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ise, Thanks for that. Both of mine are running 2.1, so Iíll send them when details are available.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
musher wrote:
Who's doing the UK recall ?

Noble sent a notification to UK partners. I would think you need to contact the retailer.
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@musher, Iíve just received an email from Facewest about mine and it directs you to ortovox.com and to send it directly to them by following instructions on that site. Iíve not gone through it yet but it does say that it can be sent free of charge.
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sent mine off today. It's an easy process, just input the serial number you get on the screen when you turn it on, it gives you a prepaid label to stick on an envelope and hand it to UPS. The hardest part was finding the sellotape.
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@musher, Iíve registered my two devices and itís quite simple. I then received a PDF with all the necessary to send them back. I just need to include page 2 of the PDF in the package with the devices, then attached the UPS label on page 3 to the front of the package and take it to a UPS depot for despatch to the Ortovox service centre in Germany. Hopefully Iíll get them back before next season. Very Happy
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kieranm, Oops, didnít see your post above. Embarassed
latest report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No problem. Despite them saying it had a 6 week expected turn around time, I got mine back within a week.
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kieranm, Thatís good to know. Thanks. Very Happy
ski holidays     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
2 units picked up by UPS on Friday last week.
Email from Ortovox on Tuesday warning "Due to the large number of devices, processing time is currently 6 weeks."
Arrived back updated today (Friday) Smile
ski holidays     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Theyíve acknowledged receipt of my two and I got the 6 week warning. They were sent on Monday, so Iíll update when they come back.
ski holidays     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well they arrived back today, so only took a week. Very Happy
ski holidays     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh no... I've just tested mine and I'm affected too Shocked
snow report     
After reading this back in June I found my unit needed the update. Finally got around to posting it last week, got a 6-week warning email then another email the next day to tell me it was on the way back! Great service.
latest report     
just found this and sent my transceiver off.
thank you very much for posting this, I would likely never had known otherwise!
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy