Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer Hols 2019 - BUMP and mini TR

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Georgia.
Russia.
Alaska.
Switzerland.
Morocco.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Boris, If your looking at US, I'd suggest California, fly to San Francisco, stay there 2-3 days to get over the jet lag and see the touristy bits, then do a route of Napa Valley 1 night for the wine, but not an essential stop, Yosemite 2-3 nights it's stunning, great hiking, rafting, horse rides, Lake Tahoe 2 nights, ( the Nevada side is a bit like the southern end of Lake Garda, the California side is better IMO ) then across to Monterey on the coast great aquarium, whale watching, sea kayaking, Carmel is near by and very pretty and finally back to SFO. Only thing to be aware of the US school hols start earlier than here and may clash, putting up prices and campsite availability. ( the state run camps are the best kept and value surprisingly) An RV wpuld be good fun, but it could also be done by car using motels, some have kitchen facilities and 2-3 bedroom suites, and in Yosemite you can hire a cabin or tent in the centre of the valley. We've done similar trips 2-3 times and can give you more detailed info if needed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@geoffknight, thank you - will add to the list for consideration

Unfortunately I suspect US is out as would need at least 2 weeks of holiday, leaving me short for family wedding
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Boris, if you can't do at least 2 weeks then I'd not suggest the US. You would need more time to do it justice and make the cost of the flights worthwhile, we did 20 days the last time we went, it's not easy justifying just short of £1k for a 10 year olds flights alone!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Turkey, Greece, Croatia - all good. Though I gather Croatia can be expensive these days (it wasn't when we went, but that was yonks ago).

Just for reference we've had three holidays in Croatia and are going to Greece this summer. Greece is working out about 20% more expensive (one week in a villa, one week on a flotilla). Don't know about eating costs yet
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@PeakyB,
Quote:

+1 for @Dave of the Marmottes, suggestion of Saalbach. You could even look at the centrally located very reasonable accommodation there offered by snowHead @tatmanstours.

Thank you for your kind words Blush Embarassed Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bumpity Bump

In case anyone is interested - we're going to go for week to Malta then have a few days on Gozo

Outside chance we'll have a few days away somewhere after exams finish but kids seemed supremely indifferent to this when we suggested it - might sneak off with boy to see TdF
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Boris, sounds like a sensible decision.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well, in case you were interested, in the end we ended up going to Malta for niece's wedding and made it our main family holiday.

Had 7 days on Malta and 4 on Gozo - was a thoroughly enjoyable holiday, with lots of swimming and exploring the islands. Despite my initial suggestions for not a beach holiday and lots of activities, we ended up spending a lot of time on beach and not doing many activities Laughing

I don't think I'd have chosen to go there if it hadn't been for wedding and TBH I can't see us rushing back, certainly not in summer.

Pros:
Guaranteed sunshine
Short flight from UK
They drive on right (didn't know that Embarassed )
Standard UK plugs (yes we had 2-pin adaptors Laughing )
English primary language everywhere
Relatively cheap
Fascinating blend of Arab/Italian/English culture
Lots to do - from night-clubs and party scene (didn't use!) to more relaxed museums
Beaches to suit from sandy beaches to rocky coves

Cons:
Busy in main tourist hotspots
Roads are terrible - if you hire a car get a Jeep
Parts of Malta look like Baghdad on a bad day
Very untidy in parts
It can be unbearably hot in summer

Overall we preferred Gozo to Malta and I'd consider an off season break there.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Boris, sounds like you made a good choice.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy