Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telemark closer to being in the Winter Olympics!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Skiing's world governing body the FIS is to recommend to the International Olympic Committee that Telemark be included in the Winter Games at Beijing in 2022, see planetski report: http://www.planetski.eu/news/10479 Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So, a raw speed event or score modified? Time vs. Technique/beard fullness/number of people to expire of boredom in crowd? wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Richard_Sideways, I'm not quite sure what your point is? There are a host of Olympic events in which the athlete is judged as to whether they have made the required move/style, and if not they accrue some penalty points. In Telemark racing the racer will get a penalty if they ski round a gate in Alpine rather than Telemark position, they will also get a penalty if they don't travel a sufficient distance off the jump to clear the marked line and land in a Telemark position (the latter criterion applies to normal ski jumping too of course). If we adopted the logic of having no assessment of the athletes moves/style then we could promptly delete breast stroke, backstroke and butterfly from the swimming competitions and only have front crawl as that's the fastest style, diving, gymnastics and the 20km and 50km race walks from the Summer Olympics (and that's before we get onto the Winter Olympics with figure skating/ice dancing, slopeside and Big Air or whatever they call it.... Toofy Grin )

And as regards boredom then as regards the head to head race format that has been proposed for the Olympics then from my experience of watching such races it's anything but boring.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Richard_Sideways, Have a look at this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Mttsq--YwOA
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Richard_Sideways, your just jealous you can't tele, or grow a beard, or tele whilst stroking your beard and wobbling the pompom on a llama hat you knitted from lentils. (Like me)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowshoeing should be a. Er. Shoe in
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Style points for taking good photos en route
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As a snowboarder who usually spends about a week a year skiing, I would love to see this.

I am in awe of people who have taken the time and effort to learn Telemark. Make the courses longer and tougher and its a winner.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As a snowboarder who usually spends about a week a year skiing, I would love to see this.

I am in awe of people who have taken the time and effort to learn Telemark. Make the courses longer and tougher and its a winner.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy