Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Graham Bell's Camera Gear

Poster: A snowHead
Interesting little vid. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/winter_sports/9363478.stm
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bode Swiller, thanks. Anyone know what brand the headcam with the screen was? I know the Drift headcams have a screen, but I don't think it was a Drift.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, looks like a Camsport:

http://www.camsports.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=302&Itemid=296
http://www.proactioncameras.co.uk/camsports-hdmax-extreme/prod_170.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
altis, thanks, that's the one. Not seen that before.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought one last month for my ski trip and from what i was told by the shop it has the same quality as the Contour 1080p but has the advantage of a screen and the ability to change the settings on the go rather than having to wait till you have it hooked up to your PC.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm looking for something that has better quality than the Contour (which really struggles on the snow with the high contrast/bright light of sunny days).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I'm looking for something that has better quality than the Contour (which really struggles on the snow with the high contrast/bright light of sunny days).

I have the lens adaptor kit with a polariser on the front. I'm not having problems with it. I also have a 2 stop ND filter that I haven't used in the wild yet as it seems a little dark from the handful of test videos I've shot.

What set up are you using? /threadjack
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gorilla wrote:
I have the lens adaptor kit with a polariser on the front. I'm not having problems with it. I also have a 2 stop ND filter that I haven't used in the wild yet as it seems a little dark from the handful of test videos I've shot
I have the ContourHD (1080 version). Was very disappointed with the video quality on sunny days at the start of the season so I've just bought the lens kit and a circular polariser (and have a 1 stop & 2 stop ND filters on order). Yet to test them out, but will see how they do at the end of the month when I'm back out to the Alps.

Reading about the GoPro seems to indicate similar problems, so I'm curious how the Drift and the CamSport get on in bright conditions.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, are you using out of the box settings? You can adjust the exposure down 1/3 stop with the software.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hobbiteater, yeah, I've tried that but not found a setting that I'm happy with. It either over-exposes snow in bright sunlight or is too dark, just can't seem to find a happy medium. For me the out of the box settings seem to be the best, but they still over-expose snow.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bought this system from http://www.promotioncams.com/products/mini-hdvr-bullet-camera-kit
they are also a gopro agent, fantastic first class service
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I have the ContourHD (1080 version). Was very disappointed with the video quality on sunny days at the start of the season so I've just bought the lens kit and a circular polariser (and have a 1 stop & 2 stop ND filters on order). Yet to test them out, but will see how they do at the end of the month when I'm back out to the Alps.

I agree, the quality is shite out of the box in bright sunlight and the exposure settings don't really remedy this. Polarising filter sorted the problem out. I've not been touching the exposure settings at all.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
theproskidude55 wrote:
review the camera from http://SpammyLink
they are also a gopro agent, good knowledge

Yes I have just visited and realize they are good thanks for sharing with us.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I’m not a consumer camera person but deal with them all the time in microsystems.

One thing I looK at is the dynamic range. This is probably more important for a ski action cam. Then if you slightly underexpose you can use software to manipulate the image.

I recommend some free software. GIMP2 and FIJI.

They take a bit of getting used to but are free. I use commercial software costing thousands (I get it free from OLYMPUS because I also bug test it for our hardware).
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Holy thread resurrection by subesifir .

All for the purposes of putting a spammy link into a misquote.

Tut, tut.
latest report
Not sending spammy link just add my comments and links for reference
latest report
olderscot wrote:
Holy thread resurrection by subesifir .

All for the purposes of putting a spammy link into a misquote.

Tut, tut.

Oh yep will me to reply. I should know better. 1st post and commercial link. 💷💶💰🛒🛒🛒

I put mine down to it being roasting in Tiananmen Square today. Going for a swim to cool down now. Smile
snow report
subesifir wrote:
Not sending spammy link just add my comments and links for reference

Cough Bullshite!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy