Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rail or Demo Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I want to buy some Alpine (not A/T) bindings preferably with a rental / demo rail. (I have flat skis waiting).
Anyone know what the choices are other than Marker ?
Looks to me like tyrolia have a demo binding where only the heal moves, ideally like something where I can pop both parts off for travel, also like to be able to adjust my boot center some.
Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not a rail/demo binding, but the Marker Schizo allows you 6 cm of movement.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On this subject I'd like to get hold of a set of Salamon Bindings for the power plate.

I left a pair of skis with my daughter but the bindings got lost in Transit Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Amer / Scott Warden has a pretty positive action and toolless adjustment. Skied a couple of skis with it at the EOSB.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got both the Warden 13 MNC Demo and the Tyrolia Attack 2 14 Demo is stock and they're both excellent and will accept any boot sole so even if you only want to use an alpine boot now you're future proofed and will get a better secondhand return if/when you flip 'em. I've also got the latest Marker Squire 11 Demo in stock which are also excellent but they only accept an alpine or GripWalk sole.

And on all three of these bindings both the toes and heels move fore/aft independently so you can tinker with the mounting location.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 26-05-18 19:14; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all, strangely enough it seems the tyrolia attack 14 is not in the American market. My two local ski shops can only get 13s (same if I search online). 13 /14 both ok numbers for me but a little curious.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@essex, my bad as I should have written Attack 2 13 Demo, not 14.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Old thread I know. Struggling to understand why demo/rail bindings aren't becoming more popular with the improved design. Makes the ski much easier to sell on surely. Or do people simply not sell on their skis? Am I missing something?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Layne wrote:
Old thread I know. Struggling to understand why demo/rail bindings aren't becoming more popular with the improved design. Makes the ski much easier to sell on surely. Or do people simply not sell on their skis? Am I missing something?

Probably to do with the additional weight and cost. The increase in both can be slight to significant depending on the model.

Doesn't help either that many of the manufacturers don't list the demo version on their public websites as they think that they're only for the rental market so only show them on the trade/B2B sites.

I sell a lot of them as in most cases the mounting locations on their base plates are well away from those on regular bindings so they're great for doing remounts or dual mounts with Quiver Killers.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy