Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Olympic

Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody know what's happening with Ski Olympic? We have had loads of great holidays with them in the past and was looking for a possible trip this coming winter. However, their website only lists two chalethotels now (La Foret in Les Arcs and Graciosa in La Plagne) as well as a self catering apartment built into Le Foret. A few years ago they had places in Courchevel 1650 and 1550, Reberty, Tignes, La Rosiere, Meribel and Val d'Isere. Friends went to Graciosa this year and said it was very disappointing (their first time, and based on a recommendation from us!) but there were complaints from other guests who had been going there for years.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 24-05-18 18:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
we had a great trip with them to Meribel in 2017, but the buildings they used there were sold for redevelopment by the owner. The deal was completed while we were staying there apparently...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Big Dave, yes I noticed this today when doing a GDPR consent. They seem to have downsized considerably over the last few years. Did they still have some places in La Rosiere and Courchevel 1650 last season?

Had some great holidays with them in the past.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pretty certain that they had a couple of places in La Rosiere (Grand and Petit Planica, and maybe Quatre Saisons) last season, as well as Monique and Mors in Courchevel 1650. They sold Les Avals a few years ago.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think the La Rosiere accommodation went 2 or 3 years ago.
Lowering risks ahead of Brexit uncertainties? Cashing in on assets?
Certainly less than half the places they had say 5 years ago.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gavin is a shrewd cookie, I’m sure he is waiting until the Brexit dust has settled before committing to properties that he may possibly not be able to afford to staff.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Monique was certainly available last season (2017-1Cool. I know, I stayed there. I'm almost certain the Planicas were available in La Rosiere too as I was considering those as an alternative
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We stayed in Petit Planica, La Rosiere, Easter 2018. Great stay with loads of snow but, I too, have been unable to find details for the coming winter. Suppose the earlier mention of Brexit may have some credibility.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
Monique was certainly available last season

How was she?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Ski Olympic office informed me that the owners of the La Rosiere chalets have not extended the leases because they require them for their own business uses. Guess that the rest comes down to cost effectiveness.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It seems they have lost Graciosa in La Plagne now. It has started featuring on Alpine Elements site instead. SO seem to be down to just La Foret in Vallandry Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think the QuatreSaison in LaRos is now listed by MountianSun.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@WiRED, not lost, sold.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@WiRED,
Quote:

SO seem to be down to just La Foret in Vallandry

Olympic actually offering one other small chalet in Vallandry, but only 3 bedrooms, sleeping 8 max.

Big reduction in their offer compared with about 6 or 7 years ago (Courch 1650, Tignes Le Lac, La Plagne, La Rosiere, Vallandry).

Similar with Mark Warner, though not quite as drastic a reduction with their offering.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@PeakyB, I believe Chalet Eve is a self-catering chalet located within La Foret itself.
ski holidays
WiRED wrote:
@PeakyB, I believe Chalet Eve is a self-catering chalet located within La Foret itself.

Correct. We're booked in there for a week in March. Very Happy
snow report
Really liked ski Olympic as a TO as did many others, as we often re-met people over the years. Always found the office staff very helpful. We have stayed at La Forêt and seen some fabulous sunsets from the terrace. Proper ski in/out. Sadly haven’t used them for sometime now.
ski holidays
We're booked into La Foret for Christmas week. We were originally booked into their chalet hotel in La Plagne but they contacted me to say that they were no longer offering this accommodation and offered to match our booking price in Vallandry. Im really hoping nothing will go wrong as we're really really looking forward to it. I know they are ATOL covered and I paid by credit card, but I don't want to have to find somewhere as good a location at short notice over Christmas. Fingers crossed
ski holidays
@Franksmum2004, Given that they own that building I think you will be fine.
latest report
@NE1,
Quote:

Really liked ski Olympic as a TO as did many others

+1
latest report
great TO....had a wonderful trip with them a few years ago to Chalet Oliver in La Roz.
They have been unloading their inventory for years, some due to owner sell offs and some due to Brexit uncertainty lately. Shame though as us and everyone I know who's used them has loved them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy