Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bolle Goggles - any comments?

Poster: A snowHead
Bought a really cack pair of goggles from ebay last year as a last minute emergency and will never be doing so again! Sticking to the brands and looking to buy a pair of Bolle's.

previously though, I have tried on the Bloc 'Shark' goggles at about £30 which were quite nice in shape and v comfy, although I've decided I'd rather on a vermillion lens rather than an orange lens and all bloc's goggles only seem to be this colour. This has led me to look at the Bolle "Simmer" "sharkfin" and "shark" goggles and I don't know how much money to invest or how "bottom end" their cheap goggles are compared to some of the other pairs Ive come across. (I'm quite keen on the simmer sty;e however its a bit more money compared to the entry level goggles and I dont know whether based on my ability I really need to be spending a great deal of dosh!

Any tips or guidance? I'm a low intermediate, casual skiier on a 1 to 2 holiday a year level.

Cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have Bolle Sharksfin, i have used them for 3 seasons now.

I find they are
1) Cheap ( see my link below) ( £19.99 )
2) Do not steam up
3) Comfortable
4) work in most light situations
5) lightweight

I am a good intermediate and i would recommend them

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bolle-Sharkfin-Skiing-snowboarding-goggles-BNIB_W0QQitemZ230423355809QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_GogglesSunglasses_JN?hash=item35a64d61a1
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh and my sister in law uses the simmer ones and she has a small face and she rates them
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
When i say my link its not me selling the goggles
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FiFi_Trixibell, do a search - loads of advice on Bolle/vermillion lens and other goggles on dozens of recent threads.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, thanks for comments. I have actually been looking through the forums and there are lots of odds and ends but just wanted to post a specific question thats all as seem to be a lot more on the more top end gogles which though I would love to buy, I cant afford!

Definitely veering towards the Simmer's at the moment in the pink stripe and rose tint lens. Want to go and try them on again before I commit tho so will prob compare them again next time I go to the ski centre now I have figured out a bit more about what people are saying, and decided what lenses I want! Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought a pair of decent bolle goggs with pink hue lenses circa £70.00 - superb.........except they steam up on my face but no-one elses!! No I dont rest them on my hat or anything else. Vents are clear etc. skied with tons of people and its just weird - always steam up when I stop skiing but doesn't happen for any of my friends or wife! Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A pair of Bolles was the biggest waste of 125€ I've ever made. Whenever turning my head side-on the air used to rush through and irritate my eyes. Never had that problem with any other brand so sold them within two months. That was a few years ago though and they may have improved since but I will be staying away.

Goggles are an expensive but worthy purchase. A lower-level intermediate who is unable to ski by feel in white-outs etc needs as much reliable visibility as possible and in my sales experience Bolle just don't have the lens technology of other brands such as Scott, Smith, Oakley etc.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
"Bolle just don't have the lens technology of other brands such as Scott, Smith, Oakley etc. "

mmmmmm dont see Scott, Smith, Oakly offering light sensitive lenses ie Bolle Modulators. Twin lens, supple cold insensitive frames, soft padding, Helmet compatible, anti fog coating, low and bright light lenses (Or in Bolles case, one lens doing both). What technology is it that Bolle dont have? Oh yes, the Price tag to cover all the marketing!

125 Euro for Bolles!!!!!! most folks pay around 50-70 max

I have 3 goggles in my rucksack, Oakley A frames persimon, Smith somthing or other (Old) and Bolle OTG's. Guess which ones I've worn for the last 2 years, Yep the Bolles. Comfortable, dont steam and the Vermillion Modulator is the best low light lens I've seen

All goggles are slightly different shapes and how they fit your face will vary. So you may even find 2 different models from the same manufacturer fit differently. You cant dis a brand just cos one of its models doesn't fit your face
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
They did fit my face, the issue was with the venting/foam.

By technology I meant things like spherical lenses and wider fields of vision rather than coatings.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have a pair of Nova Modulator Citrus and i have found them good with variable light conditions. They are very good in low light but if there is flat light then forget it. Never seem to steam up on my face either. Still much better than a pair of my old Smiths classics! I got mine from TX Maxx for £24.99!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try the Vermillion Modulaters for flat light, much better than yellow
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I bought some Bolles with Vermillion Modulaters pretty cheaply and now use them in preference to my Oakleys. The fit is better, the lens is definitely an improvement and don't steam up as badly.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I lost a pair of Scotts in resort last year and had to make an emergency purchase of some Bollés. Losing the Scotts were the best thing that ever happened to me - other than not looking QUITE so gnarly, the Bollés own all conditions.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have to vouch for bolles too though in bad vis I couldn't see a thing (I have vermillion polorised lens) Eventually head-butted the halfpipe I foolishly attempted in those ridiculous conditions. I'm buying a 2nd pair for low light bad vis with the aurora lens 45% or lemon gun 50% visible light.
latest report
Seems folks are polarised into 2 low viz camps, some prefer yellow, some prefer red bases. I suspect it refelcts an actual difference in how some people see

Me personally I cant see a thing with yellow lenses and it also bugs the hell out of me looking through them
ski holidays
Awesome goggles, Cebé will soon relaunch having been bought out by the Bushnell group, good luck to them.
snow report
I've not had the pleasure of using an 'expensive' set of goggles yet, but I do own a pair of Birdz OTG with mirrored lenses. I have to agree with BMF_skier that they are not particularly attractive, but compared with my other pair - El cheapo B-Square ones with an orange lens I find the quality and clarity of the optics outstanding in the Birdz ones. I've been polishing them with washing up liquid this week and since starting to do this I've been really pleased with how its helped with fogging up in the damp foggy conditions we've had this week.
snow conditions
I've got Bollé goggles I wear all the time. Can't remember how much they cost, it was years ago, but it wouldn't have been more than about 35 euros because I've never paid more than that for a pair of goggles. They're fine. I have vision inserts in them. They very rarely fog up and when they do 30 seconds on the helmet sorts it out.
snow report
I always thought Bolles were a sub-tier brand, probably completely based on an old olddd crumbly pair that I've had since the late 90s (i think). Never really saw them much in my local shop either. But my wifes coworker let me try his Emperors for a couple runs and I have to say I was blown away. I'm going to get those, but need some for my wife's smaller head.. Bolle seems to have a handful of decent mid-range options, but is there others that you'd recommend for a lady?
snow conditions
@richardsalta, my optometrist sotcks them, and also uses them himself. I have a couple of pairs of Bollé Duchess ones I got in the Amazon warehouse deals. Hubby has stolen one pair, as the Emperor ones are too big for his fine features.
latest report
See Scarpa's msg below.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 29-05-18 0:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I've got modulators and am quite happy with them.
ski holidays
I have 3 pairs of Oakleys but these days I generally use my Bolle photochrome lenses and they have been perfect, not far off the performance of my hi yellow and dark lenses but much more versatile.
latest report
I have this years Emperor ‘Black stripe, NXT Modulator Light Control’ and was really pleased with them in St Anton back in March. Worked well in all conditions we were in.

As an aside Bolle customer service is amazing. I had last years ‘shiney black’ model which I bought as a kind of one-fits-all conditions. The badge came unstitched on the strap after a week so I mailed bolle asking it I could buy a new strap. They replaced the whole goggles FOC with this years model, brilliant
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy