Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Correct position for mounting KneeBindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After 3 seasons, a change of skis... so I have had my KneeBindings transferred from my old skis to my new ones.

But when I compare their mounting positions to the holes on my old skis, I am concerned that they haven't been mounted correctly.

I'm assuming that the mid-sole mark on the ski is indicated by raised lines - if that's the case, then it looks as if the bindings are 2 cm behind where they should be.

I found the technical manual online (for the Mist model) which says:

• Compare the Boot Mid-Sole Mark with the mid-sole mark on the ski. If they are not aligned, reposition the Mounting Template on the ski until they are aligned:
•If the ski has a mid-sole mark, line up with Boot Mid-Sole Mark with the mid-sole mark on the ski.

Following these instructions would put them in the position on my old skis.

Does anyone know if I'm right to be worried? (though that's understating how I'm feeling at the moment Sad )

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@motyl, not sure you’ll notice.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends entirely on where your boot midsole is. Take a photo from the side with your boot in the new ski binding. If the midsole mark on the boot lines up with the new ski centre mark then your old bindings were wrong. If it doesn't, then your new ones are wrong.

Did you leave your boot with whoever fitted them to be sure that they were aligned correctly? If you did, and they're wrong, then they're culpable. If you didn't leave your boot, you're in for a dogfight.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, thanks for your comment, but I can't help thinking that there's a reason that centre marks exist on skis, boots and binding templates. Also, when I'm in my skiing-feedback loop, I'd rather know that my equipment is correctly set up and it can only be me that is the problem wink

@Raceplate, thanks that's logical - yes I left a boot and yes the midpoint of the boot is that far behind the new ski centre mark.

I didn't buy the skis from them and it's sickening to have a brand new pair drilled with unnecessary holes. While I'll be telling them how to do their job, is there anything special that the holes should be filled with?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As stated above, install your boot and check its mid-sole line against the raised marks on the ski topsheet.

You will definately notice a -2 mount on those skis on firm snow.

To set-up KneeBindings correctly the tech should have had both of your boots as you have left and right footed ski. They have mounted the correct heel with the correct toe which is the usual cock-up.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
motyl wrote:
[b].....yes I left a boot and yes the midpoint of the boot is that far behind the new ski centre mark.

I didn't buy the skis from them and it's sickening to have a brand new pair drilled with unnecessary holes. While I'll be telling them how to do their job, is there anything special that the holes should be filled with?

You want new skis, nothing else!

They'll keep your pair and remount/sell them at a discount that'll still be more than the cost price to them to replace them so they won't be out of pocket.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@spyderjon, many thanks for your advice, I'll get my boxing gloves out...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy