Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Never too hot for skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It may currently be a mini heat wave, but the snow is calling again; so Statler and Waldorf (aka @Awbugga and @Audfart) are heading for the Chillfactore again this Friday for another 4 hour session (11.0 to 3.0). If you're planning a trip there, say hello. Look for the orange SH buff. It's likely to be pretty busy as it's school holidays, but we're hoping that most people won't be as daft as us and will be enjoying the warm spell outdoors. Toofy Grin snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure if you've seen anything about it, but they have a kids race camp running from Thursday (or maybe Friday) over the weekend which will impact on the slope. It's why there are no terrain challenges out to play with this week Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sitter wrote:
Not sure if you've seen anything about it, but they have a kids race camp running from Thursday (or maybe Friday) over the weekend which will impact on the slope. It's why there are no terrain challenges out to play with this week Crying or Very sad

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give them a ring and see if its going to be there on Friday. Shame if it is; I quite like the terrain challenges. It adds to the fun.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Forecast is rain for Friday so it's indoor to keep kiddies entertained! Not highjacking the tread but I am most annoyed at Chill factor new opening hours. Only one 7.30 start 10am weekdays , 9 now on a Sat. Slope is just busier now and they pay less in wages
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lpsmc1 wrote:
Forecast is rain for Friday so it's indoor to keep kiddies entertained! Not highjacking the tread but I am most annoyed at Chill factor new opening hours. Only one 7.30 start 10am weekdays , 9 now on a Sat. Slope is just busier now and they pay less in wages

They also take less care of the snow under the button lifts. Last time I was there the top section on the right hand lift was completely bare of snow; and I mean bare. It was just the orange plastic matting; which stopped you dead in your tracks and scraped all the wax off the bottom of your skis. Result - everyone was using the left hand lift. The result of that - long queues for the only usable lift. Yet there were staff stood around talking, doing diddley about it. Next time it happens, I'm going to ask to speak to the duty manager (assuming they have one). Rant over.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I could and will rant with you. Totally agree about that awful ornge matting and the speed of the so called experienced users lift. Oh and the kids they are happy to have snow ploughing straight line top to bottom or person stopped right in middle of slope videoing someone who had fallen over! Arghh but yes I will continue to go. It's reasonable price this time of year and junior is happy to whizz around on skis or snowboard.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I should also add its very local for me (10 mins drive) so if it's awful we just leave. No Sat at 7.30 though does irk
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lpsmc1 wrote:
I should also add its very local for me (10 mins drive) so if it's awful we just leave. No Sat at 7.30 though does irk

You're lucky, it's an hour and a half drive for me from Llandudno; but like you, I will continue to go. I need the practice Confused . I could use the dry slope in Llandudno; but the thought of falling over on that stuff, does not appeal. The Chillfactore only need to sort out a few minor issues and it would be great. It would help them if the staff got their thumbs out of their bottys and did some work on the slope and button lift sections instead of standing around chatting.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rang the CF today. Only half the slope is open on Friday. Bummer. I might still go though. Hopefully having only half the slope open may put a lot of people off.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Awdbugga wrote:
scraped all the wax off the bottom of your skis.

Not to get sidetracked but I highly doubt this is the case.

1. If you've waxed your skis properly you should have scraped it all off already
2. A mile of snow is far more abrasive than rubber matting so by this logic waxing would be pointless as you'd scrape it all off on the first run of the first day.

Rubber matting sure stops you quick but it shouldn't affect your wax.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dp wrote:
Awdbugga wrote:
scraped all the wax off the bottom of your skis.

Not to get sidetracked but I highly doubt this is the case.

1. If you've waxed your skis properly you should have scraped it all off already
2. A mile of snow is far more abrasive than rubber matting so by this logic waxing would be pointless as you'd scrape it all off on the first run of the first day.

Rubber matting sure stops you quick but it shouldn't affect your wax.

Trust me, the bottom of my skis were covered in scratch marks and had gone grey after one session. They've not done that before. At the top of the right hand lift, there was no snow at all for a fairly long section; and I mean NO snow. It was just the stippled orange plastic matting. Even when being pulled up by the lift people's skis were stopping on the matting and they were having to be dragged up with a lot of resistance between the matting and the skis. Most people only made the mistake once and piled onto the left hand lift; which of course made the queues for that even longer. To be fair, I've not seen it that bad there before. Yes, you get the odd patch were they may just be a light film of snow over the matting; but this was bare matting for quite a long section; and no member of staff was doing a damn thing about it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy