Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bariloche

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of spending a couple of months skiing in Bariloche this coming season and would appreciate advice on any of the following if anyone can offer (I'm used to skiing the Alps, mainly Austria/Switzerland so comparisons would be useful):

- Snowfall & snow quality (mid July to mid September)
- Range and quality of terrain (piste and off piste)
- Ease/cost of getting there from Buenos Aires
- Quality/pricing of equipment and ski clothing in resort (on a rental and purchase basis but would think more like to buy if going for 2 months, although wouldn't keep the gear as would be travelling on around South America).
- Is there much of a secondhand market for equipment?
- Is there a seasonaire community like you get in the big European resorts?
- Anything else worth considering

Many Thanks

Ron
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never been there myself but I'm sure someone will be along soon who has.
In the meantime Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I @ron2097, welcome to snowheads. Ive been to bariloche but only in the summer so can’t comment on the skiing. It’s a lovely place and they make fantastic chocolate.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skiing was fine, fairly icy when I was there. Memories are a bit hazy as I concussed myself one day. Easy to get a long distance bus from BA (& I suspect flights are now more easy) Gear seemed pretty expensive, not sure I'd want to be buying then selling - take it with you then ship it home? A shell jacket and pants would probably serve other purpose as waterproofs when travelling no?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
German is Useful !!

Easy to get to From BA .. Direct Flights To Bariloche.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Take the overnight bus. You can sleep super cama in 1st class comfort and enjoy the ride for a fraction of the flight cost. Your gear will be safe as Argentinean buses are wonderful!

Can't comment on the skiing as we were there in the late Summer. Its a fabulous little town - on the edge of the Patagonia wilderness, tucked up against the Andes.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am like others... can't comment on the skiing as I visited in the fall but felt that the area was visually stunning. Do it!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, Ron,
I have skied there on two trips, once in mid September, once end of Spetember/early October - meaning spring snow, sometimes icy in the morning. There is little snow making, so snow is natural. I was told Catedral is quite snowsure, but not abundant.
I really liked the resort as it is quite spread out and varied, with well groomed blue/red pistes and a lot of ungroomed terain between the pistes. Real backcountry is easily accesible from top of Catedral, but I don’t have first-hand experiences. Lessons or guiding is easy to arrange.
Bariloche is easy to get to from Buenos Aires. One option is to take a long distance bus, but that takes between 20-24 hours. I think it cost less than 80 eur one way with a ful bed (coche cama). Prices and exchange rate change a lot so check here: https://www.omnilineas.com.ar. Or take a plane, return flight cost me around 200 eur. Note that domestic flights use Jorge Newberry airport in Buenos Aires - easy to get to from the city centre, but it is far away from Ezeiza (don’t make international-domestic flight connections).
Definitely stay in Bariloche as there is nothing to do in Villa Catedral. Bariloche is a nice and lively town, with many international tourists. I wouldn’t know about seasonaires as skiing was not the primary reason of me going there Toofy Grin
Morning bus to the slopes is cheap, but packed and takes about 45 min if I remember correctly.
Ski equipment and clothing is of good quality but expensive to buy. You can easily rent in Bariloche or preferably in Villa Catedral. I paid between 15 and 20 eur per skis/poles/ski boots per day and brought my clothing. I have no idea how much a long term rental would cost. But I don’t think there is a large second hand market as most visitors simply rent equipment.
I hope you have a great time there!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The snow has come ...

http://www.catedralaltapatagonia.com/web_cams.php
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy