Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Davos recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for ski school in Davos during half term. 2x 5 year old girls and parents never skied before. Would consider private.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No but the pizzeria at the station was, at least in 2013, the best I’ve ever eaten (and I spend a lot of time in Italy)...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are two main ones the Schweizer ski school (all over the valley) and Top Secret (at the base of Jakobshorn) We tried both this past year. The Top Secret school is much more personable/friendly/intimate as its a much smaller operation and I felt they focused more on quality than quantity. The instructors seemed much better and focused on a better experience. The bigger Schweizer operation seemed to be any other large ski school that treats you like a number.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to snowHeads @singinginthesnow, snowHead

Good info!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just about to pull trigger to book. Any other tips?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Do it! The train ride from Zürich is quite nice and scenic too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Trigger pulled. Shockingly Hilton doesn't hike prices for midterm. 150 a night room b&b (family room approx 170). Booked through avios store so 9.5 points per pound!!
I heard train was a nice route but our flights don't work in with times (Swiss direct from Manchester) . 5 adults plus 2 kids so hiring a van.
Next job booking lessons 1st call top secret.

Any more pointers greatly received.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@WASHOUT, Great place to ski I love it but one thing to be aware of if going B&B is that eating out is very pricey(or was when I last went which was quite a few years ago now).
@under a new name, pizza tip is good and Italian food in general is much the best value if you want to avoid burgers.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hohenweg restuarant is the one on the mid station up from Davos Dorf up to Weissfluh Joch - the pizza is still amazing.

We usually stay in Klosters but Davos Dorf is more central and quicker up.

I think the Klosters Ski schools are both good - but think it is more down to who you get.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Go watch the ice hockey when you’re there, great evening.

Be prepared to pay through the nose for everything, most rip off place I’ve ever skied (well on a par with Zermatt and Verbier). Good ski area though......was there 15 years ago, would like to go back but CH-land is out of bounds for us (and just about everyone I know).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@WASHOUT, Rinerhorn is often open on windy days when other mountains have had to close or partially close. It also has a freeride area.
Did you book Top Secret? I have no experience of them, but being constrained to starting each day at the Jacobshorn might be a pain
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah booked private lessons with top secret as we arrive mid week and they weren't keen on putting my neices into group lessons. We have two non skiing grand parents to help in the morning so that will help.

Davos wouldn't be my 1st choice but surprisingly the Hilton was still decent priced (£150 family room per night) and flexible on 5 day bookings with breakfast. Cheap flights to zurich.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@WASHOUT, That should work well, then. Not much fun if you had to get from Jakobshorn to Parsenn after ski school start, given that its half term. If you plan to eat on the mountain, then I would recommend booking a table. There's quite a few locations where non-skiers can join you. My favourite is the Hotel Kulm in Wolfgang (so, not really on the mountain, but it feels like it) which skiers get to via one of two blacks (13 or 16) and non-skiers via a bus (train also possible, but bus is best). There's also a couple of good places a short walk from the bottom of the Schifer Bahn and a panoramic restaurant at the top of Weissflujoch.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Excellent info, much appreciated.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy