Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Catered Chalet holiday for 4 people?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

Unfortunately our ski holiday group is half in size this year. We're down to 4!

We like our own space, random parties, drinking games and occasionally being socially unacceptable in private! wink

But, do CATERED chalets for 4 people exist?

If you can suggest websites where to look that would be great. I'm after a resort with decent apres and a well located chalet.

Thanks
R
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rossyl, I can’t see how it would work economically.

However, we have very nice s/c apartments in Chamonix and I know there are locally travelling chefs...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You just have to book the hole place. Toofy Grin

If not keep me briefed where I should NOT go!

Have never come across a 4 persons detached catered Chalet. You might find a apartment with cater, but partying might upset the neighbours. Sad

try to look in https://www.chaletsdirect.com/search/default.asp?Resort=.ALL&Pax=4&Basis=&StartDate=&Duration=7
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
VIP Ski have some, mostly apartments but there's at least one chalet listed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks very much. Will check it out s d report back.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:
@rossyl, I can’t see how it would work economically.

However, we have very nice s/c apartments in Chamonix and I know there are locally travelling chefs...

Please can you send me some details?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here you go - http://www.absolutealpine.co.uk/chalets/chalet-petite-ourse/ - a catered chalet for four people. It's a small chalet built on to the back of a bigger one, but with completely separate entrance, no connecting doors. Staff are based in the big chalet and the dinner is cooked there, brought round and served to you in the little chalet. Nice open plan lounge/kitchen downstairs, two small bedrooms upstairs, both en-suite. One has a double, the other has a double bed plus two bunks. Your own private hot tub. Five minutes walk into the middle of Samoens, really nice town, not super lively but a few decent bars. Chalet has a mini-bus that'll take you to the gondola in the morning and you phone for a pick-up when you come off the slopes at the end of the day.

The Grand Massif ski area is quite enjoyable - nothing super hard but a decent variety of pistes and scenery.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Might be a bit spendy but pretty sure Le Ski have everything from 2 to 30 bed chalets.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We've used VIP Ski for the last four years and had a great service in their 4 person catered chalet in Morzine.

http://youtube.com/v/lB4MvAuxg7E
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Valkyrie wrote:
The Grand Massif ski area is quite enjoyable - nothing super hard but a decent variety of pistes and scenery.

Long time since I have been there, but I have some very happy memories of the Grans Masif. I do remember a rather nasty steep black, though, which could moguly and icy - somewhere above the top of Samoens bubble, IIRC. Mind you, I think the last time was there was in the 90s, maybe even the 80s. ThingS may well have changed!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all

I think most of the chalets that have been mentioned or suggested are in quieter areas, given we are a smaller group we will definitely be out more.

Coco Rico in Val d'Isere is pretty much our perfect venue.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@rossyl, how about an apartment and a food delivery service? E.g. for Val d'Isere https://hu.ski/
(no personal connection or experience)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try YSE Ski in Val d’Isere. We stayed in a larger chalet, but they do smaller chalets of 4-6, I think. Great food, great skiing.....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rossyl, Mountain Rooms in Val d'Isere rent apartments but you can add on a scatered option which is breakfast and afternoon tea each day but dinner on only 3 nights plus daily cleaning. Just pick your apartment from the portfolio and add on what meal options you want. I think they also do a breakfast and cleaning option.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gämsbock wrote:
@rossyl, how about an apartment and a food delivery service? E.g. for Val d'Isere https://hu.ski/
(no personal connection or experience)

We've used Hu.Ski and Chalet kitchen.

Chalet kitchen drop off a box every day with fresh food, just put in the oven in the evening

Hu.Ski - delivery frozen meals from cook, so you need freezer space which could be a problem in some apartments.

Happy with both, probably had too much food with chalet kitchen.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy