Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Gervais Le Fayet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I am taking the family for their first skiing holiday in February to St Gervais. Best accommodation deal we could get for a family of 5 was in La Fayet.

Does anybody have any experience of this village? Tips on transport to the lift stations that kind of thing woukd be really helpful.

Thanks all
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Clem Fandango, will you have a car? It's a bit of a hike to the skiing. There is a village bus service.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No, flying in and then a transfer
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would rent a car, to be honest, if you can swing it. There's plenty of parking at the Bettex lift station, and you'll have the option to drive up to Les Contamines or over to Combloux at Megeve. Although, to be fair, I haven't looked at the bus schedule so it could be very favorable.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Clem Fandango, that would be why the accom is so cheap...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies.

Is it easy to get upto Les Houche?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Clem Fandango, hmmm, not really I’d imagine. Train+Bus I’d think? Never had to look.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, get to LH by the TMB but I’d pay more for accommodation in StG village
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jonny996, hadn’t thought about that - 2ndary q is how close to station?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Tramway de Mont Blanc starts in Le Fayet and will take you up to Les Houches but would probably be expensive to do more than once. It is on a different lift pass to St. Gervais. For St. Gervais you can get a local 'SAT' bus up to the main lift station from Le Fayet which also goes to Les Contamines. Check the timetable...I think it gets cheaper the more journeys you pay for. You could also take the tramway up to the station in St. Gervais then hop on the free navette but again it might be about costs for a family (fun though).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank's for all the info folks.

Decided to bite the bullet and head into the village proper.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy