Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hiring cars with 2/3 split rear seat

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If concerned about skis down the middle, you can take them out of the bags and put tips over the back seats & tails under the front seats; or sideways on with tails between handbrake and front seats. Also done that with 4 pairs, 4 passengers and smallish cars....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mountainaddict, or just hire a bigger car!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
At Easter our skoda superb broke down on the way to Les Arcs and the insurance company supplied us with a fiat 500XL. The euperb is a huge car, the boot was full(ish) there were 4 of us adults in the car and we had skis on the roof. The Fiat didn't even have a roof rack. Amazingly we got almost everything in. The secret turned out to be stacking luggage in the boot to the height of the rear seats, staking the bedding, towels etc between the seat to the same height and keeping this stack upto the same height jammed between the front seats. The skis (upto 1.8m long) then rested on this and the dashbord. the rest of the luggage was then pushed into the boot upto the roof. Believe it not the passengers were comfortable enougth to endue the next 800km. No one had luggage around their feet or on their laps.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have booked the cheapest “standard wagon” I could get thanks for the help on this.

Though I just received an email from Avis offering their “select” service where you can order an exact car model. I had a look through and the Toledo wasn’t an option (but a 3 other seat models were). It does show that they are starting to respond to the market demand though so maybe this may become more of an option in the future.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NickyJ wrote:
I have booked the cheapest “standard wagon” I could get thanks for the help on this.

Though I just received an email from Avis offering their “select” service where you can order an exact car model. I had a look through and the Toledo wasn’t an option (but a 3 other seat models were). It does show that they are starting to respond to the market demand though so maybe this may become more of an option in the future.

Interesting. It is guaranteed and whats rhe the add on cost to your booking?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They didn’t look that much more than Avis over priced normal offering.

My booking through Ebookers for MegaDrive came up at around half the prices quoted by Avis for the vehicle class we booked in the end.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Has anyone tried magnetic ski racks? A friend said his friend has one and says it good... The smaller ones only weigh 5kg, so you could have them in your luggage.

http://bestskiracks.com/product-category/magnetic-ski-racks/
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Themasterpiece, Yes...fine
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy