Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some French (the Tarentaise Big 3) Resort stats to ponder..

Poster: A snowHead
Have a look at https://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=30045

David Marmottes - there you go sort it out yourself.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 19-07-18 15:13; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Care to rewrite in English. parks of lifts? Teleports?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am sure it means something to someone.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dave of the Marmottes, if you have Chrome, the translation is remarkably good.

It doesn't look exciting, though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
... Teleports?

Yay...no more lift queues! Beam me up Scotty Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah I still don't know what it means flow of people/hour? for number of lifts. Does that mean on average that there are only 4 people per hour riding the lifts in Villaroger ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_separator
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sometimes reading a slushNut thread is akin to watching a dog turd turn white . . . . That one between their ears rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Teleporte means air-borne lifts - chairlits, bubbles etc, so it does not include ground-borne lifts - draglifts, magic carpets etc. Lift parks are presumably individual ski resorts, as oppsed to the large inter-connected domains. Cheers.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Average age of the lifts (way down down down) is 20 years in most resorts, so how old must the oldest be (in La Plagne from the final blurb)?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mountain Haddock wrote:
Average age of the lifts (way down down down) is 20 years in most resorts, so how old must the oldest be (in La Plagne from the final blurb)?

The oldest lifts date from 1969 and are : Cretes (built by Bourgeat), Dromadaire and France (built by Pomagalski)

The oldest drag lifts I know of are the Pre Guerin at le Sauze which dates from 1946 and the Turche at les Gets from 1945. Both built by Pomagalski but with drag lifts it is a bit like Theseus' boat. Maybe every bit bar the pylons has been changed with servicing?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stephen buck wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, Teleporte means air-borne lifts - chairlits, bubbles etc, so it does not include ground-borne lifts - draglifts, magic carpets etc. Lift parks are presumably individual ski resorts, as oppsed to the large inter-connected domains. Cheers.

I'd gathered that but it was the decimal separator that confused. That was the real explanation I needed.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@davidof, is Turche still there? I thought it had been replaced by a chair a few years ago...?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, last independent drag lift in the sector

https://www.facebook.com/Teleski-de-La-Turche-Les-Gets-272750886772/

latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dave of the Marmottes, Sorry - did you mean this - Débit de 525.661 p/h pour 226 téléportés = 525.661 pax per hour uplift for 226 lifts?
latest report
stephen buck wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, Sorry - did you mean this - Débit de 525.661 p/h pour 226 téléportés = 525.661 pax per hour uplift for 226 lifts?

Yep that's it - 525,661 people per hour not 525, 104,000 an hour for La Plagne etc. It's kinda useful when you get down to the average per lift to get an idea of the most crowded areas - makes St Martin look like a bit of a bottle neck and "normal" look like 2000 to 2600 per lift per hour
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy