Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Staffel near Champoluc

Poster: A snowHead
have been going to campoluc for years now, but wife wants to have a change as she does a lot of snow walking, has anybody stayed at the hotel Du'lys in Staffel, is there anything there on an evening and is there any walking ??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@yorkshirelad, Staffal is in the Gressoney valley, not Champoluc. I have skied across the terrace of the Chalet du Lys when it was being built but not stayed there.

Have only stayed in the Monboso in Staffal so didn't go out anywhere else as it is full-board.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@yorkshirelad,

We stayed at the Hotel Gletscher in Staffal last year for 4 nights. Staffal is basically a lift base with a large car park, a couple of rental places and a few hotels at the end of the road up from Gressoney.

It worked for us (2 adults / 2 kids) as the hotel was superb (right combination of modern and traditional, very friendly and an owner-manager chef who produced the most amazing plates of homemade pasta every night) plus we could easily access both the Champoluc and the Gressoney / Alagna sides ... it was a last minute long weekend booking and not our main family ski holiday.

I would do more research on the snow walking front as I'm not quite sure how many trails are readily accessible from Staffal - both sides of the valley are pretty steep up there.

I would have thought Gressoney would be a better base for her BUT the 2 person chairlft (the only lift) can be a bottleneck (I presume you would be skiing) ...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for that, yes i'd be skiing and that two man chair lft although not busy is a bit of a pain. for some reason i thought there were a couple of bars in staffel during the ski season.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I would have thought Gressoney would be a better base for her BUT the 2 person chairlft (the only lift) can be a bottleneck (I presume you would be skiing) ...

Only at weekends, otherwise it is pretty quiet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stayed at Hotel Nordend at Staffal a few years ago ... excellent.
Bar next to Guides Office excellent too - pretty much just below the hotel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
only other problem with gressoney is that the wife if she does ski wont be able to 'download' but has to ski right down to the village,
is there any other bars there though or is it as quiet as staffel
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So theres no bars in staffel on an evening ??
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@yorkshirelad, StaffAl. Not Staffel. Be like you being Yuckshirelad.

I don’t know about bars. There are certainly apres ski bars, but later than that? No idea.

I wouldn’t have thought it was great walking territory in winter either, in fact, I could imagine it was terrible. Steep sided valley, moderately high so likely snow covered.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@yorkshirelad, snow walking or snow shoeing?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:
@yorkshirelad, StaffAl. Not Staffel.
Or, if we're to go by the sign at the entrance to the village: "Tschavel" Wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So it’s probably pronounced,

“chavel”, as “Tsan” is pronounced “chunt” (it’s a bizarre local game)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wife likes snowshoeing and track walking.. plus a few drinks before dinner.... but not in the hotel.!! In champoluc we normally spend a couple of apres ski hours in the bistro bar... then back to hotel for wash and dinner...
Wife has walked/snowshoed the champoluc area for 9 years so hoped there was plenty on the other side of Betta .. we know of one guided walk in the gressoney area but that's all .. but the hotel in StaffAl ticked the boxes plus wife can download from either side of mountains...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stayed at the chalet de lys February before last. Comfortable though bedrooms too warm. Dinner was good in that TDH/salad buffet kind of way. Slopes were dead quiet and groomed flat as ironing boards. There is a decent bar/restaurant towards the lift and a sports/apres bar type place across the other side of the lift car park - it was lively when we visited. I remember a rustic bar towards the lift but confess to struggling to find it on google maps. I had a non-ski day (sacrilege I know!) and wandered down to Gressoney la Trinite easily enough but not up in the mountains at all. Can't remember a lot (any) snowshoeing going on.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If snowHeads is a Staffel, is admin the Staffelkapitän?
snow report
Annie.. thanks, just what i needed to know about the bars and the hotel, snowshoeing is not really advertised much in the area anyway, so i'll pop onto the champoluc area facebook site.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy