Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Demaclenko in charge of snowmaking for El Colorado and Las Leñas in South America

Poster: A snowHead
Demaclenko got the accounts of two South American resorts: El Colorado in Chile and Las Leñas in Argentina. https://www.the-ski-guru.com/2019/07/10/demaclenko-snow-systems-brings-snow-south-america/#more-79488
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Martina10, With all due respect, all your posts on Snowheads seem to be for 1 reason - to promote your website. It appears that you have a lot to offer a skiing forum, but just throwing out advertising for your own venture definitely isn't entering into the spirit of the thing. Before you suffer a backlash could I suggest that you engage in conversation and share some of your knowledge that way, otherwise I fear that you will shortly put everyone's backs up.

P.s Welcome to Snowheads!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry, no means to offend you - I thought that this could be interesting for some. My website is not selling advertising - actually nothing at the moment, it is a blog. I do like people coming to read it though, obviously.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tom_Doc - actually I have been talking to some people, you mean I have to talk in all different things - I have been talking on the SCGB thread - with no links to anything, but the insight that I was there for four years and left last.... So you are saying that I can't put links on the forum, bc you don't want people from SnowHeads to come to my blog and you only want to 'enlight' with my knowledge to fellow snowheaders? Is that the case? You do have to have lots of time to be all the time in the forum -
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From hanging around here for a while I know that people who come on and share links to their own website in every post end up annoying people. Snowheads is a community based on conversation-by-typing. I think you will be welcomed if you engage with people in conversation (as we are! Very Happy) rather than just posting lots of links to your own stuff.

I don't mean to chase you away, but if you genuinely don't have time to spend on the forum, then all you're really doing is spamming it. Whereas if you invest a bit of time to chat to people and also post the occasional link then you'll be fine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Martina10, what @Tom Doc, means is you are blatantly advertising your own site, with a little taster of some news and then come and read it all on my site.............. Engage in a bit of conversation, and put a link in your signature to your site, not as part of the post, if you want to promote it

cross post with above
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski guru is spamming one of the ski facebook groups I'm in too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@scotspikey, actually I am not- when was the last post I put there?- and if you don't like it, you don't read it. by the way, lots of snowheaders read my posts, so what you are assuming is not good for you, could be good for others. I think you are a bit of a despot to think that what you like is the norm for all the rest, a bit pejorative I would say.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Martina10, I must confess it doesn't look like just a part time "blog" to me...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Martina10, Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Martina10 wrote:
My website is not selling advertising - actually nothing at the moment, it is a blog.

Looks to be selling holidays to me.
https://www.the-ski-guru.com/travel/stay-zermatt-with-ski-guru-travel-chalet-zen/
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Also from the "Advertising" section

"If you are looking in pushing your resort, hotel or service in our pages, please contact us to see what we can do together."

Posting links everywhere looks like blatant SEO/SMO to me
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name, I am a fast worker- I have one job that is part time that pays good. This I do it in my down time....but I work very fast compared to the median worker....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Zorrac, thanks for your tip. I am new here, and I see that lots of people got annoyed, still, got lots of visitors to my blog as well.... Even though I prefer not to write if people will get annoyed- not worth anybody's time.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Gämsbock, this is a side thing, and, by the way, I have not sold one of these to anybody - and I am not posting those pages here - I know I should not.... you are giving me free publicity, ha!
snow report
@Oleski, actually, the links is bc when you produce a blog, for being well positioned with the SEO (look at Yoast SEO or WP if you want to read more), you NEED an outside link to be present. Not only the links to your own blog/web... I don't know if you see that I repeat the title twice - is all SEO guff...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy