Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OTG Goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anybody know if POC goggles are OTG?

any other good OTG goggles or companies that are better for OTG goggles
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would expect that you would need to try out any goggle with your glasses.

Have you looked at prescription inserts ? I have several friends who use them instead of contact lenses.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have Sinner OTGs with interchangeable lenses
Not overly expensive and work for me
Changing the lenses when out on the hill is a faff though
Much easier when in the warm
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have Oakley Canopy goggles which fit over my glasses fine.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@gfmozart, I have Oakley Flightdeck, with Jade and Rose lenses, I have a smaller pair of glasses that I use with them rather than my normal ones to aid air circulation, plus I use Jaws Quick Spit Anti Fog Spray. Prior to that I had Scott OTG with photocromaric lenses which I loved.

I haven’t gone down the insert route, I like to see when I take my googles off Toofy Grin

Edit: I use the quick spit on the glasses

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 16-07-18 6:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In Scotland I ski in my quite large clear prescription safety/shooting glasses. Scott OTG goggles fit over them very nicely for really bad weather. I tried them all in the shop with my normal glasses & the larger safety glasses & Scott were by far the best option fit-wise.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I gave up & opted for a helmet with visor, it works for me.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went into the shop expecting to come away with a visor helmet but found that the goggles fitted better with the glasses I wanted to use, which to be honest surprised me.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thank you for your replies. I have read that visor helmets are occasionally not great for wind (good) and snow (bad) getting under the visor. But I hate fogging up as my degree is high, any fogging renders me a blind man on the slopes. So i actually have to go faster to generate the ventilation needed to clear the fogging. I have obtained semi prescription sunglasses. its a prescription specs with a magnetic sunglasses filter clip on. I'm now contemplating either normal helmets with OTG goggles or normal helmets with prescription sunglasses or visor helmets with prescription specs. I don't know if those visor helmets will crack and become less durable than the normal googles helmet combo.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@gfmozart, as a general rule condensation is the result of warm air (which can support significant moisture) coming into contact with a cold surface. The warm air comes from your face and the chilling of the air as it meets goggles results in moisture appearing on the cold surface.

Ventilation is key. If the (warm, humid) air coming from your face is ventilated to the outside world all is fine. If it's allowed to condense on the goggles or glasses then you won't be able to see where you're going.

No goggle can defeat the laws of physics. The answer to stopping fogging is generally to reduce the condensation effect described. Either keep moving (so the air doesn't get a chance to absorb humidity from your face) or reduce the temperature difference at the internal surface of the goggle (multi layered goggles rely on this). Generally a combination of double glazing and good ventilation will reduce the risk of fogging.

In practice, therefore, you need to keep the air moving. If you stop you need to reduce the risk of condensation which may occur on your glasses. You can reduce this risk by lifting your goggles.

The worst thing you can do is to allow your glasses and goggles to become very cold so that they become surfaces encouraging condensation. Adding clip ons will simply increase the number of surfaces which could encourage condensation to occur.

Accordingly the best suggestion I can give is to keep moving and to lift the goggles away from your face whenever you stop. Just don't stop for too long. Works for me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy