Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar bookings available today (18 July)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dunno if this has been posted anywhere (I looked but couldn't see it) - but if anyone's waiting the Eurostar tickets for next season became available this morning.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes indeed. That's made a big cockup of it though. They are not running any direct trains over the Easter holidays next season. School hols are a week later than the last couple of years and they have reasoned that ticket sales were not outstanding during the later weeks last 3 years. Well no poo-poo Sherlock the school hols had finished ! They would have filled the trains for the week of 6th to 13 April this time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Their website is awful. I've booked 7 return tickets this morning without issue, however when I go in to try and move the seats about it repeated tells me something went wrong. I've even had a friend try as thought it might be something to do with browser settings at work, but still no joy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wills_h wrote:
Their website is awful. I've booked 7 return tickets this morning without issue, however when I go in to try and move the seats about it repeated tells me something went wrong. I've even had a friend try as thought it might be something to do with browser settings at work, but still no joy.
I also couldn't move seats around immediately after booking seats this morning. However, I vaguely remember having this issue in the past, but it was OK when I retried a couple of days later. Perhaps seat allocations aren't immediately loaded in to the system?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beeryletcher wrote:
Yes indeed. That's made a big cockup of it though. They are not running any direct trains over the Easter holidays next season. School hols are a week later than the last couple of years and they have reasoned that ticket sales were not outstanding during the later weeks last 3 years. Well no poo-poo Sherlock the school hols had finished ! They would have filled the trains for the week of 6th to 13 April this time.

Easter 2019 is April 21, and in 2015-18 was April 5, March 27, April 16 and April 1. Experience from 2017, when Easter was only a week earlier, and perhaps also 2015, would have covered the week you quote, and will have contributed to their decision to currently stop the direct service at end of March. It may not be worthwhile with just a busy week or two in mid-late April - they probably need to get enough people to keep it going in the preceding weeks as well.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ecureuil, Easter itself is 21st but school hols are from 6th for 2 weeks until Easter weekend. When Easter is early it goes at start of school hols, when it is late it goes at end. They have based the decision on the date of Easter not the date of the schools holidays. In the past Eurostar happily runs full on 2nd week of April. Someone has NOT though this out properly. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@beeryletcher, the direct train isn't only used by people from Kent! In some LEAs Easter 2019 holiday doesn't start until 15 April so overall demand for the week 6-13 April could easily be lower, perhaps significantly, and the week prior to that will be lower still. And anyway in 2017, when Easter was only 5 days earlier, do you know that they completely filled both trains (night and day), every weekend they ran in April?

You may be right that they haven't thought it through, but equally they could have made a rational decision based on their past experience.

It wouldn't actually have surprised me if they had decided to stop with the 22/23 March weekend next year, given the uncertainty over the security and customs needs in Moutiers & BSM for the 29/30 March service.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ecureuil wrote:
In some LEAs Easter 2019 holiday doesn't start until 15 April so overall demand for the week 6-13 April could easily be lower, perhaps significantly, and the week prior to that will be lower still.
I think the majority, but not all, of education authorities have fixed the "easter' break for the first two weeks of April
ecureuil wrote:
It wouldn't actually have surprised me if they had decided to stop with the 22/23 March weekend next year, given the uncertainty over the security and customs needs in Moutiers & BSM for the 29/30 March service.
I did check that, their final service of the season is on 30 March. I checked their Paris and Brussels routes and they don't seem to be selling tickets yet for beyond mid-January 2018.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 19-07-18 10:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ecureuil, Fair point about authorities - that hadn't occurred to me. However, last train out is 30th Mar and last back is 6th April. I bet those trains would not get anywhere near as full as ones running out on 6th and back on 13th - 1 week later. I'm pretty sure almost every family that doesn't want to go at half term and has hols from the 6th would book it. I've been out and back that week in 2015, 2012 and 2011 on those dates and the trains were definitely full. I still think the schedule was put together by someone who didn't look at the situation properly. Still not to worry we'll still get there, even if we do have to use the dreaded Paris Metro ! There is also a possible route via Lyon and change there now, we just don't get the schedule info on that until January.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
According to the invaluable school hols chart, the majority of school hols for Easter will be 6th-20th April.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3107903
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar wrote:
wills_h wrote:
I also couldn't move seats around immediately after booking seats this morning. However, I vaguely remember having this issue in the past, but it was OK when I retried a couple of days later. Perhaps seat allocations aren't immediately loaded in to the system?

I contacted one of their advisors using the online chat function and was told that there is an issue with the website at the moment, but also that changing seats around will not be available on some of the services next year. Unhelpfully the chap I was chatting to didn't know which services this would be affecting.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy