Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One month Accommodation in Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello - i would like to have a taster of what is living a season in the Alps and I’m planning to spend whole January in chamonix next year, anyone has recommendation for a studio or apartment to stay or websites ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gustavobs, what’s your budget?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thinking about €1000
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gustavobs, for a month?

We’re too expensive.

Try airbnb
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're in a different resort but from time to time, we get an enquiry from our rental agency for a longer rent, but at a discount. You might find something within (or close to) your budget, if you choose your weeks carefully i.e. between the week after New Year and half-term (or the Euro equivalent). As an owner, this is when we usually reserve a couple of weeks as it's obviously much quieter. So perhaps worth contacting a couple of agencies - they may have a small studio or similar. The logic for the owner is that it's better to get some income for a quiet period, than have the place empty.

If you were considering the 4 Vallées (Verbier, Bruson, La Tzoumaz, Nendaz, Veysonnaz & Les Collons) then I'd say that although CH has a reputation for being more expensive, one of the 'satellite' resorts might have places in your budget range. Again, might be worth contacting the Tourist Office and asking.

Across the Alps, there are plenty of other areas with good 'satellites' that are a lot cheaper to rent in, but you still have access to the main area, as discussed in this newspaper article:

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2014/dec/06/satellite-ski-resorts-verbier-four-valleys-switzerland
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I occasionally think about similar in Chamonix. Have a look at book.com

Apartment Les Periades is a little over your budget. Could there be any owners in that block who would do a better deal?

Or a male room in a hostel Confused
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is a French equivalent of Craigslist which has accomodation https://www.leboncoin.fr/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
@Gustavobs, for a month?

We’re too expensive.

Try airbnb

Well, yes, I considering there are people willing to rent a small place for a whole month instead of necessarily just multiplying the price of a typical week by 4. I know Chamonix is expensive and I wouldn’t mind staying in a satellite place
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hawkesbaynz wrote:
I occasionally think about similar in Chamonix. Have a look at book.com

Apartment Les Periades is a little over your budget. Could there be any owners in that block who would do a better deal?

Or a male room in a hostel Confused

Thanks will check. Hostel would be an option but my OH will come for the weekends.

Also although I enjoyed 4 days in a hostel this year in Chamonix for 20 euros a day, I probably think a month is a bit too much
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK, so here's an example of what I meant: It's in La Tzoumaz, a satellite of Verbier (not my place, so no vested interest): https://www.carron-immobilier.ch/en/rent/rent-studio-no-30 This is genuinely only a few minutes from the télécabine. If it was further away e.g. a bus ride, then it'd be less, obviously.

It's a 30m² studio. CHF 500 (£425) /wk in the low season, rising to CHF 750 /wk in the school holidays (9.2.19-9.3.19). So you might find the owner hasn't got booking for 4 weeks in the 6 weeks after New Year up to the first school hols in 9.2.19 and would be prepared to let it to you for, say, half the price.

I''m sure there are probably many similar examples of satellites being cheaper across Alpine resorts, as in Verbier (9mins in the télécabine and another 20 mins ski down) you'd probably have to pay x3 - x4 more for accommodation. Chamonix doesn't really have the same 'hub and spoke' arrangement as far as I'm aware (I've not stayed there, so happy to be corrected). So there isn't the same satellite option. Or not to the same extent.

FYI the Agency site lists the school hols as w/c 9.2.19 France, 16.2.19 GW+JU+France, 23.2.19 NE+VD+France and 2.3.19 VS+France+Belgium. Worth doing some research to get a picture of the post-New-Year school holiday pattern.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy