Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you store your skis in the attic?

Poster: A snowHead
I recently had the need to get something from my attic.

OMG!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

It was so SO INCREDIBLY HOT.

If you kept skis up there it surely would do them no good at all.

We keep ours in a nice cool (and bone dry) ski room....lucky for me, but with storage space a premium for many I bet there are some in the attics.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dry them off in the house then out to the garage with oil on the edges & covered with open bag.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 4-08-18 21:17; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In the garage. But still pretty hot.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cleaned, dried, wax on the edges (trying to avoid any rust and unnecessary edge sharpening), stored in the spare room.
I use the spare room because the temprature is fairly modest during the summer. And the moisture level is not too high.
Attics are 'Scorchio'
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My store room is about the coolest room in the building.
The skis are of course still in the dining room, where I left them after BB.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Skis are in study, bikes and turbo are in spare bedroom / bike room.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Half are in my office, the other half in the "ski room".
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Half in the wardrobe in the spare room half in my Keller in Austria
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In the Keller. It's cool down there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

in the wardrobe in the spare room
+1
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don’t really think temps you could tolerate would damage skis at all.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ionising radiation, on the other hand ....

So don’t store them beside your unshielded thermonuclear pile.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name wrote:

Does that blunt the edges? Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I would put them in the Keller, but it’s full of boxes, tools and other unnecessary shite. And the winter tyres and my bike. And most of the booze. So the skis live in the spare room with the stinky climbing things. I’d probably move them if someone was staying in there. Maybe.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Scarlet,
You'd have to move them if you had visitors. You couldn't let somebody else sleep with your skis wink
ski holidays
@musher, a very good point. Also, they’d inevitably knock them over in the night, creating a huge racket and waking me up.
latest report
This thread has me thinking maybe I should slap some wax on them and pop them in the loft to 'hotbox' for a day or two Wink
latest report
Mine are sat on the kitchen floor. As you might have guessed, I'm currently single.
snow report
Thornyhill wrote:
under a new name wrote:

I think you can get ointment for thermonuclear piles if they're causing discomfort Shocked
ski holidays
In the dry, in a ski bag, in the box they came in, under the bed in the spare room.
ski holidays
One pair next to the door cos I just came back from skiing in Castleford fridge other pair still in ski bag in bedroom since EoSB Embarassed but going to Cervinia in 3 weeks so not worth storing them at this point Very Happy
latest report
Just remembered, mine are still in ski looker where I left them after last day
ski holidays
ski3 wrote:
Thornyhill wrote:
under a new name wrote:

I think you can get ointment for thermonuclear piles if they're causing discomfort Shocked

Preparation U238?
snow report
Mine/ours are in the attic. They do have storage wax on, though. Hopefully, it will be nicely soaked in, otherwise it will be in a gloopy puddle somewhere. (I don't know. I've never been in the attic. We don't have a proper ladder so it's a step ladder to start with then hoist yourself through the hatch with your own arm-muscle power. Which I don't have Embarassed * . Anyway, that's what husbands and sons are for ... Little Angel .)

*Muscles, not arms. I have arms.
snow conditions
maggi wrote:
I have arms.

What are you, some sort of terrorist now?
snow conditions
@maggi,
Quote:

I've never been in the attic. We don't have a proper ladder so it's a step ladder to start with then hoist yourself through the hatch with your own arm-muscle power. Which I don't have
+1 Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
The temperature that skis reach while propped in the sun against the bar wall on the eosb will be far higher than the loft.
Anywhere dry & out of the sun is ok for storage.
latest report
@tangowaggon, I dunno - we pulled out loft ladder down last week and MrHL almost burned his hand!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@maggi, Laughing We used to have the same situation with regard to accessing our loft and, being vertically challenged, it would have presented even more of a problem for me. Therefore, a few years ago I insisted on having a concertina ladder installed. I can now access the loft at will and keep all my ski gear up there. I still have to use a stepladder to be able to compress the base rail of the concertina ladder onto its retaining hooks though! Toofy Grin
snow report
@Iski, a concertina ladder is great; I still haven't been beyond popping my head through the trap door!
snow conditions
maggi wrote:
Anyway, that's what husbands and sons are for ...

You need to watch this to understand the complexity of the male/female relationship revealed in that statement:

https://www.facebook.com/MichaelMcIntyreFans/videos/men-and-their-lofts/1291209027567179/
ski holidays
Skis in the living room, the hall, and both bedrooms... of course rolling eyes
I think the van is clear of skis now but at this time last year there were still 30 pairs of Whitedots living in there Confused

Ah, a loft: a loft would be... well, probably full of skis by now snowHead
snow conditions
@admin, yep us too ... bedroom cupboards, under most of the beds, in the garage and boiler room, and in the two attics - which do get very hot since it’s the Valais (40deg c) and it seems to have no impact on the skis whatsoever.
ski holidays
I decided to go against the grain and store the skis in my Austrian cellar instead of the kids.
snow conditions
I've kept numerous skis in loft for 30 Years never had a problem !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy