Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les menuires - les fontanettes - how difficult to ski to?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
While I've stayed in all the other areas of the Les Menuires area, I've never stayed in an apartment in the Les Fontanettes area. That includes blocks such as Astragale, Argousier and Asters etc.

What's put me off is that I've never been able to work out how difficult it is to get onto or off the skiing. One of the big advantages of everywhere else is that you clip into your skis at the door and ski off but I can't see how you can access anything easily from Fontanettes without walking.

Has anyone used any of these blocks? Any advice?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have not but agree it is not obvious, the bus is every 20 minutes is the solution.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Asters ought to be relatively close to the green Fontanettes piste, with Argousier and Astragale further away (up to say 3-400m). From there you have easy access to the Croisette / Doron / Reberty / Masse 1 lifts.

From a slightly hazy memory, the Croisette bucket lift stops at the mid-point, but I think it might be just a temporary mid-air stop to allow others on/off at the bottom/top rather than a proper mid-station. If there is a mid-station it would have to be somewhere in the Fontanettes area, closer to Astragale.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
blahblahblah wrote:
I have not but agree it is not obvious, the bus is every 20 minutes is the solution.

Nah! If I wanted to commute I'd go to Austria Toofy Grin
The whole point of Les Menuires is the time between bed and skis and skis and a beer in the apartment is tending to zero.
There's plenty of other choice.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy