Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telemark Fridays at Hemel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have started going to Hemel on some Friday evenings 6-8 to do some telemarking with Penny Chapman (ISIA instructor with tele as her second discipline). It’s really quiet at the moment at the Snow Centre so it’s a good time to learn. Then we have a couple of drinks in the bar after.

So far it’s just me (decent alpine skier, early intermediate tele) and Donna (novice skier, learning tele so that she can ski to the North Pole!). Anyone interested in joining us? The more the merrier, at any ability level, if you’ve got your own gear. We might be able to source some gear if anyone wants to try.

We’ll be there 10th and 24th August. Not sure about September yet. We’ll stop when the snow centre starts getting busy for winter.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does early intermediate mean you can now get in your bindings? wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Does early intermediate mean you can now get in your bindings? wink

Yes! I can even advise others on how to get into theirs now!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unfortunately Friday evenings aren't particularly practical for me to get to Hemel.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought a monthly pass for August and I’m only 20 mins away from the place so I’m up for going another time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Maireadoconnor, @Dave of the Marmottes, Friday evenings are not great for me either --- I'm normally with the plastic racers at Bowles at that time. In September I will have much more time as retiring. What other times could you do? Also @Maireadoconnor, could you see whether Penny would like to do a Tele L2? Trying to get some interest for the course next April..
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ski, Penny’s IASI these days so I’m not sure she’d be interested in a BASI course. I’ll ask tho.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Maireadoconnor, very well done for spreading the word and organising.
Would love to attend but regret afloat in France till late Oct!
Will be at PSB, hope you'll bring your teles?
Just trying to convince myself to get some Meidjo bindings!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not sure about PSB. If I do go then yes I will bring my teles.

I haven't even heard of Meridjo bindings!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Maireadoconnor, https://www.the-m-equipment.com/en/
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Maireadoconnor, Hi, I cant believe you are not thinking of coming along to the 2019 GB Telemark Championships in Jan 2019 Puzzled

Its a superb event and although the full details have not been officially released, I can tell you (as a member of the Army Telemark Committee) that the event will run from Saturday 12 Jan to Thursday 24 Jan. Although its run by the army AWSA, it doubles as GB Championships with most of the GB team and loads of the aspiring tele newbies! (actually some very good civvies!)

Format is basically arrive Saturday, receive 6 full days tele and race coaching from Sun - Fri, then if you stay for second week, run in either the Championship or Development races (yes you will be good enough!)

There is a price to include all food and accom, lift pass and all coaching normally for the entire champs, but looking likely there will be a one week package next time.

This is a report on last seasons event

If you are interested, PM me and Ill get you full details etc - by the way, Ill be driving out there for the full championships as Im in charge of all timing and calculations for the championships, also likely Lucinda and Emily (my daughter) will be out there this year. snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maireadoconnor wrote:
Not sure about PSB. If I do go then yes I will bring my teles.

I haven't even heard of Meridjo bindings!

Meidjo bindings are amazing, loving mine. Very light for touring.
Back country UK stock them
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My winter plans are complicated and uncertain. Probably can’t fit in the telemark festival I’m afraid, Andy, and probably not the following year either.

I might be going to hemel tomorrow at 1pm.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy