Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggest me a ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a set of Rossignol B2's that are now around 11 years old. They've served me well but i'm planning to treat myself to a set of new skis this winter.

I'm just under 6ft, weigh approx 90kg and am a reasonably competent skier. I'm perfectly happy to ski any marked slope on the mountain and enjoy an element of off piste skiing, though i'm not very good at it! I'll typically spend the equivalent of 1 day off piste in a week's worth of skiing. Having learnt to ski as a child in the mid 80's i do tend to ski in the older french style with my legs too close together by modern standards. Most our our skiing has been in the Espace Killy and the 3 Valleys, but with a few weeks in Sainte Foy and Whistler thrown in as well.

I'm looking for a ski that will be good on piste as that's where i'll be 80% of the time but will be good enough for me to take off piste for the remaining 20% of the time. I have a 9 year old son who absolutely loves skiing and had his first experience of powder skiing and off piste last year so i suspect that the percentage of off piste time may go up!

I've lost touch with ski technology. Things have moved on a long way since i bought my B2's and i'd really appreciate some suggestions as to what's out there that would suit me that i can arrange to ski test when we go out to Morzine in February.

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some suggestions:

Nordica Enforcer X88 (Damp)

Scott The Ski (Playful)

Scott Slight 83 (Playful)

Head Core 93 (Playful)

Dynastar Legend 88 (Damper)

Head Titan (More Piste oriented)

I suppose your choice depends on how Piste orientated you want the ski to be, like the Head Titan....and whether you prefer a playful, or a damp ski
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Folklore kendo
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you for that. Its a great start point.

Playful i can understand, but do you mean by damp? I assume you mean more stable slower edge to edge.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PBJ wrote:
Folklore kendo

I assume that means Volkl Kendo? Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kastle FX 95.

It's been replaced by the 96 so (relative) bargains abound.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used to ski B2's then moved on to Dynastar Cham 97.

I think the current equivalent of those would be Dynastar Legend 96.

But I ski more off piste than you so you would be fine with the Legend 84/88 which is more geared for piste skiing but would still be OK off piste.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lower wrote:
Thank you for that. Its a great start point.

Playful i can understand, but do you mean by damp? I assume you mean more stable slower edge to edge.

Damp is the opposite of Playful, ie they feel solid, stable and "well planted" at high speed - often harder to "flick about" and can be more work at slower speeds.

Edge to edge quickness is more to do with width and sidecut.

I'm very light at 10st, so very damp skis are inclined to take me for a ride, rather than the other way round...unless I'm going fast enough to bend them.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy