Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The return of the Flying Squirrel (sort of...)

Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheads - been a while, maybe 10 years! I used to have a bar in Plan Peisey called the Flying Squirrel, and I sold it in 2010 and ended up in Norway for 8 years... Just moved back to the UK after 16 years, living in Hitchin, N.Herts. Any snowheads in Hitchin? I'm more a telemarker nowadays (yeah yeah I know, Norway etc etc) but for the first time in years and years I'll be in the UK for a winter. Not sure how to cope wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@flying_squirrel, Welcome back. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@flying_squirrel, hello again!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@flying_squirrel, welcome back. Missing those burgers!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello fella... I remember you.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We like telemarkers, not so many of us about.
Where in Norway were you?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@flying_squirrel, welcome back. Maybe you'll just have to sign up for a Bash or two then.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@flying_squirrel, ...welcome back...I commiserate. Hitchin...gateway to the mountains. We live just outside Cambridge. And we don't feel Ok unless we are up an Alp, mountain-biking down something, or sliding down something. We cope through denial. And get out there as often as we can, and onto the South Downs as much as we can to roll the wheels on the Cannondales, Cotics and Oranges.

BTW the walks up from Les Granges to Col D'entreport and into the Vanois National Park are some of the most beautiful in the Rhone Alpes - how do you cope without them?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
flying_squirrel welcome back. I used your place in 2005 when we had one of the 1st sH Alpine meet-ups. Pre-bash IIRC....?
With PG, rob@rar, Masque and few others - whose names I've forgotten. PG put a group photo taken outside your bar onto fB not so long ago. i.e. months not years ago. I'll try to find it.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dubaian, seems like yesterday!

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Without doubt rob@rar wins in the crimes against fashion/Martin Kemp impersonation competition.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Dave of the Marmottes, my favourite ever Spyder jacket Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar thanks for the pic. (I'd just found it myself but couldn't easily get it out of fB.)
Masque isn't in the shot. I think the guy with the orange jacket was a Nigel ?? No idea who the 4 on the left are...… ??
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dubaian wrote:
rob@rar thanks for the pic. (I'd just found it myself but couldn't easily get it out of fB.)
Masque isn't in the shot. I think the guy with the orange jacket was a Nigel ?? No idea who the 4 on the left are...… ??

L:R ?, Skanky, ?, ?, Flying Squirrel, HG (Nigel), me, KuwaitIan (wink ), PG
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yup confirmed - including my change of location. 2nd left used to post stuff about weather-forecasting IIRC
snow conditions
Dubaian wrote:
Yup confirmed - including my change of location. 2nd left used to post stuff about weather-forecasting IIRC
Yes, Skanky, the first "snowHeads weather expert". Popped in to the forum to say hello recently.
ski holidays
flying_squirrel wrote:
Hello Snowheads - been a while, maybe 10 years! I used to have a bar in Plan Peisey called the Flying Squirrel, and I sold it in 2010 and ended up in Norway for 8 years... Just moved back to the UK after 16 years, living in Hitchin, N.Herts. Any snowheads in Hitchin? I'm more a telemarker nowadays (yeah yeah I know, Norway etc etc) but for the first time in years and years I'll be in the UK for a winter. Not sure how to cope wink

Welcome back Squizza!
Too many sore heads and rough transfer days thanks to you! Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy