Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes glacier melting ???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I saw a picture of the glacier at Les Deux Alpes recently which appeared to show a lake at the lower end of the glacier. Having spent several happy summer weeks in LDA over the last 10 years this was a very depressing scene.

Has anyone got any more pictures of this ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@micky, see this thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3277552&highlight=les+deux+alpes#3277552
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I should have posted this in the Apres zone
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
micky wrote:
I should have posted this in the Apres zone

Probably better here (or in the Piste); Apres is for anything OTHER than snow and skiing Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
France had 4 glaciers that could be skied 365 days a year in the 1980s.

Today, in 2018, France has none. Zero. Nada.

The L2A glacier got battered by the boiling French summers of 2003, 2006 and 2018.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Whitegold wrote:

The L2A glacier got battered by the boiling French summers of 2003, 2006 and 2018.

It's a meaningless comment. I've skied in June, July and August on Tignes glacier and it is only closed between the winter and summer holiday periods, as the resorts are closed and there aren't enough visitors to justify staffing it.

The Tignes glacier is closed at the moment because hurricane force winds blew the snow covering off. It's nothing to do with the warmth of the summer.

Global warming is real, but the Grande Motte is still normally skiable 365 days a year.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitegold wrote:

Tignes, Val d'Isere, les 2 Alpes, la Plagne, Val Thorens, l'Alpe d'Huez

Chamonix (near the la pointe Helbronner)

I count 7, 3 of which are still operating albeit partially. I only remember Tignes being open 356 days but the others could certainly be skied.

Here's that lake, before it drained away

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bar shaker wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

It's a meaningless comment. I've skied in June, July and August on Tignes glacier and it is only closed between the winter and summer holiday periods, as the resorts are closed and there aren't enough visitors to justify staffing it.

The Tignes glacier is closed at the moment because hurricane force winds blew the snow covering off. It's nothing to do with the warmth of the summer.

Global warming is real, but the Grande Motte is still normally skiable 365 days a year.

You are living in a dreamland, son.

Tignes has mostly melted away.

https://www.onthesnow.co.uk/news/a/632684/tignes-postpones-glacier-ski-opening

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy