Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken foot - when do you know it's safe to restart?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I shaved off a chunk of my cuboid in a fall last March.
Was healing nicely then I got stuck on a train to Scotland with a broken chassis around June and the vibrations somehow wrecked it again. Tried to continue my bar job but just couldn't, should have thrown it in sooner with hindsight given the stress I was putting it under.

Long story short, I've given it 2 months of pretty solid rest and it's back to being something of a workable foot. It does however get fatigued relatively easily (walking with a heavy laptop in my rucksack for an hour causes me to start walking on the outside of the foot due to fatigue). I want to get back to snowboarding ASAP as being sedentary is making me uptight, but I know it's not strong enough yet.

My question, mainly for my own mental wellness, is how long did it take other people to go from thinking "I can totally use this foot again!" to actually being able to sensibly use the foot to snowboard?

And what was your recovery like once you could get back on the slopes?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry, can't help re feet, but as to your general end questions, the answers, like all injuries and recoveries, probably involve the words patience, slowly, short bits at first, take it easy, rest if you overdo it, don't do things that hurt or put stresses on it (probably stick to easy piste not landing jumps or lots of twisting) and so on.
Try out in indoor domes if you can, watch that bindings don't put pressure on/through.
As to the actual title of your thread, ask your doctor, consultant, physio, podiatrist. If you haven't got one, probably a good investment to get advice from one, and they can hopefully tell you that it's OK to start bits again (or at least when), guide you to a good return, give you rehab advice and answer your questions.
Good luck; frustrating, but you'll get back there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GnarFly, this won’t be helpful but why ask an anonymous bunch of random internet strangers who claim an interest in snowsports rather than have a formal investigation and diagnosis from a trained medical professional?

My advice would just get back on the horse and stop when it hurts too much.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy