Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there any point to keeping only one glove of a pair?

Poster: A snowHead
Last trip, I treated myself to some snazzy new gloves - and promptly lost one of them (I think I lasted til Wednesday...). Lost property had no luck. Is there any point to keeping the remaining one? I'm seeking a reason that it might be of use to someone; selling odd gloves on eBay for pennies in the hope that someone can make a matched pair seemed like a good idea but not one that anyone seems to do.

Any hope of getting a usable pair of gloves again, or just chuck it?

It's a Reusch Luke, size EU9, if that helps.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@86tomw, Being only one glove it probably won’t have a second hand price. Toofy Grin Sorry. Embarassed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
geepee wrote:
@86tomw, Being only one glove it probably won’t have a second hand price. Toofy Grin Sorry. Embarassed

GROAN! Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
L&M?

@geepee, Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@geepee, thats about the worst (and best) yet. rolling eyes

@86tomw, Throw it away... that way the other one is bound to turn up. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Keep it in the car for when you have to clear snow off?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Depends if you work a lot with wood chippers or chainsaws.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got an extremely expensive titanium knuckled leki race glove , but only the right hand.

I keep it in case I need to punch someone very hard in the face, or challenge someone to a duel.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Keep for when you visit a country that dont use toilet roll?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I lost a black glove on the slopes so bought a green pair in resort. Later in the week I lost one of the green ones so spent the remainder of the week wearing odd coloured gloves and then wear them for about four ski holidays afterwards.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I lost a black glove on the slopes so bought a green pair in resort. Later in the week I lost one of the green ones so spent the remainder of the week wearing odd coloured gloves and then wear them for about four ski holidays afterwards.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I keep a glove in the car for filling up with Fuel. You don't want petrol or diesel pouring over your new gloves and you don't want to be holding a pump in the freezing cold for five mins getting frostbite.

It is Sods law that when it is freezing, the only petrol pump you can find is the slowest in existence.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If it's your writing hand then keep it. Inevitably it's usually the writing hand glove that gets wrecked or torn.
snow report
@Corky, to lose one glove is unfortunate but to lose three smacks of carelessness Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
@Rabbie, sounds very earnest wink
ski holidays
It seems someone has found a use for lost gloves (perhaps not ski gloves)...

https://creators.vice.com/en_us/article/vbmqkm/brazilian-duo-upcycles-lost-gloves-art-charity
latest report
Rabbie wrote:
@Corky, to lose one glove is unfortunate but to lose three smacks of carelessness Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

SIx by my reckoning
@Rabbie, sounds very earnest
But that's unimportant
ski holidays
Keep it!
latest report
Go to Hillend ski centre near Edinburgh, they have a huge bin full of odd gloves next to the ski/boot hire
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy