Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra where is the best place to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've never been to Andorra or the Pyrenees.

But this season we may have to go and try it.

The group is Me (granddad), Grandma, Daughter, Hubby + Elodie (the 6 year old princess who can ski)

Its a crazy idea because our offspring live in Zurich Confused

But the weeks has to be 9th Feb for a week.

This makes the sensible idea of just skiing in Switzerland just impossibly expensive.

We could go with a tour operator, but as we will be coming in from different directions it may be better to take scheduled flights to Barcelona and rent a car.

But which resort to head for, I'm on here to get the combined wisdom of the Snowheads to point me to the correct town.

What do we ski like?
We're all intermediates but grandma is rather partial to Blue and a hint of any other colour on the piste posts will make her shriek.

What else?
We do like to party.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been to Grandvalira a couple of times and it's an intermediates paradise - lots of cruisy blues, and even the reds are more like blues in other resorts. It's a huge ski area so you won't get bored and can clock up lots of mileage if you like! You might get a few disparaging comments about Andorra on here, but personally I think it's fantastic. Great area, great snow-making if the weather doesn't provide, and good sun (Soldeu means Sun-God!)

I stayed in Soldeu which I think is in the perfect spot for ski access as you can get across to all areas of the mountain fairly easily. It's not a big party town but there's a few lively bars which are open late, plus one late night club/bar (Fat Alberts) which is open to the early hours with DJ's and live band, which we partied in a couple of times. Probably not to the level of Pas de la Casa, a resort down the road - I've not been so can't really comment but Soldeu was lively enough for us. There's also quite a few outdoor bars on the slopes with DJ's especially at the top of the mountain from El Tarter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went to Andorra in March and thought the area was amazing. Slopes were just great. We stayed in Pas and it was ok but nothing outstanding, 95% men and bars didn't really start until midnight which was too late for me. When I spoke to the Andorra people at the last Ski and Snowboard show they also raved about Soldeu and I liked the town when I popped in for a short walk.

The way the Andorra travel service described the two towns was Apres in Soldeu starts at 5 and finishes at 12, Pas starts at 12 and goes on. This seems to hold true with my experience of Pas anyhow.

So if it was me with the Family I'd be looking a Soldeu.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good description @djf. I think Fat Alberts is also open to the early hours IIRC. Thursday nights from 6pm were also lively as the ski instructors band plays.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Personally, I thought the Andorra piste grading was quite flattering when comparing with the French mega resorts, so reds and possibly blacks will be options. They're also generally quieter than the blues. If you're after off piste, this is little used as Grandvalira is generally seen as a beginners area.
As for apres ski, I'd go for Soldeu. El Tarter is fairly quiet. Not been to Pas so can't comment if its reputation of Magaluf in the mountains is valid, although I've experienced an increase in young, fast out of control skiers towards the Pas end of Grandvalira.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 for Soldeu over Pas. Grandvalira is a good resort with generally modern lift system. It's also a lot cheaper to eat and drink out that in the average French resort.
The transfer from Tolouse is as easy as from Barcelona, so also consider that as an alternative airport.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy