Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rock Des Pistes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know anything about this weekend, or have been before...?

Possibly looking to be it the PdS around the same time and thought I'd try ago arrange my trip to coincide with this event, so if anyone has any info on previous experiences... locations of gigs??? and times of the events (is it just afternoon gigs, or evenings as well)? I'd be very grateful.

Before anyone suggests, I have looked at the RdP website, but don't find it particularly informative... Maybe it's too early for accurate info just yet, but I'm trying to find out where best to base myself..

Thx folks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One of my favourite weeks in PdS, apart from the powdery ones. The event is very spreadout, ie the band you want to see might be in Chatel, or Les Gets. Hard to plan without seeing the exact line up. Everywhere is reachable though within a day. A few big venues up on the slopes will have the more popular acts playing afternoon gigs. Then the towns themselves will have smaller bands playing in bars, DJ's etc

Caravan Palace were great fun last year up on Pleney, lunchtime gig (this is the view as you arrive from the Foillets de Golf lift coming from Les Gets). Must have been 5k people there. The Chatel side has a huge open air stage set up as well.

Stage 1 venues are all above 1600m (1pm). Stage 2 venues are in resort (5pm on)

Highlights vid 2018

http://en.rockthepistes.com/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have been in Morzine when it's been on and didn't notice any of it.

It's not my thing and I wasn't there for the festival. We did see/hear a band playing on the side of the piste at the bottom of Grande Conche, in Le Croset. It was proper head banging stuff.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thx @polo, Does much go on in the evenings, in terms of gigs etc. Or is it largely afternoon/tea time based...?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@AlpineAddict, from what I've seen it's 5pm-730 in the resorts, over 6 days. The best events are on the slopes though. You could miss it in the resorts for sure, as there may only be one or two things on in each town. Seems to be more happening over on the Champery / Morgins side compared to say Morzine / Les Gets. And as it's quite a varied line up of pop / rock music, I find only one or two events will be appealing (out of the 35-40 lined up). But if you get a band you enjoy, and good weather, it's quite an experience to ski in / out of a rock concert.
All included in normal ski pass pirce.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rag 'n Bone Man played Avoriaz in 2017 - Mrs WoC went along, and said it was excellent.
She sent me some pictures of some big fella with a beard - is he Rag, or is he Bone Man?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
polo wrote:
Caravan Palace were great fun last year up on Pleney, lunchtime gig (this is the view as you arrive from the Foillets de Golf lift coming from Les Gets). Must have been 5k people there. The Chatel side has a huge open air stage set up as well.

I skied back from that gig absolutely blotto - it was awesome. As a beginner with less than a week's skiing experience ever, no less.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thx folks... @86tomw, Somtimes the best way to be Very Happy Very Happy

@polo, yeah I saw that the Swiss resorts seems to have a fair bit going on in the day... Thx again all
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy